Complaint Review: Golden Farms Landscaping

• Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: James — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Golden Farms Landscaping
2121 Jackson Road Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Golden Farms Landscaping Charles Jones Rip off property damage refused to reimburse damage damaged propperty scam artist Raleigh, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I totally disagree with you.

*Consumer Comment: I had a similar problem

*Author of original report: Golden Farms Landscaping contact information

In April, I and I hired "Golden Farms Landscaping" to maintain several business properties I own around the Raleigh, North Carolina area.
I first talked to a woman named Angela (who turned out to be the owner's wife) about the cost for the landscaping on a weekly basis. She quoted me a price, which I thought was reasonable.
The first week of service went smoothly, and I made payment for the landscaping that was performed.
I also made a payment to cover the next three months of landscaping services.

The second week's work was never performed. I called the number for the company and talked to the same woman named Angela. She gave me a pity speech about how the "company was going through a hardship because her husband was involved in a legal dispute" (she never elaborated as to what the legal dispute was, but I soon found out that these people are disgusting scammers and animal abusers)
Angela told me that the properties would be mowed and landscaped within the next three days.
After five days, I called her back to tell her that the properties had not yet been mowed and if they couldn't mow and landscape the properties to please tell me and I would hire another service.
She told me this was an oversight and not to worry that my properties would be mowed the next day.
I agreed and yet again the next day came and went with no properties mowed. I called Angela to tell her that I was not impressed and wanted a refund for the advanced money I had paid. She refused and became belligerent and cursing me. She told me that "I would receive no refund, that their company does not issue refunds" I asked to speak to her supervisor and to that she told me she was the company owner. I told her that I would see her in court if I did not receive a full refund for the advanced money that was paid. She then began threatening me, saying her husband was a police officer and the co owner of the company and if I tired to sue them I would regret it. I asked her what her husband being a police officer had to do with anything and she laughed and said "we can cause you a lot of trouble, buddy!" She then went on to say she worked for the North Carolina highway patrol.
I hung up the phone on her because she began cursing so much, using every word in the book.

Ten minutes later, I received a telephone call from a man named Charles Jones saying his wife was Angela, and that I "better have some answers as to why I talked to her the way I did!" I informed Mr. Jones that I was nothing but polite to his wife, that it was she who was cursing me on the telephone and that I hung up the telephone on her because I was not going to continue listening to her curse me.
He then asked if I threaten to sue their company. I said "absolutely, unless I receive a refund for the money that I had advanced for three months of lawn care for the nine properties I own". Mr. Jones then began his threats, informing me that he was "a respected law enforcement officer with Apex", and that if I tried to sue him, I would be "arrested". Astonished, I asked him what I would be "arrested" for. He told me "Don't worry about that, I know how to plant sh**!"
By this time I was dumbfounded, and in disbelief that she or her husband worked for any type of law enforcement. My doubt was soon gone once I did a quick Google search.
Charles L. Jones is the disgraced former highway patrolman who was fired after he was videotaped beating his police dog in 2007, and has since sued the state of North Carolina repeatedly wanting money - this must have been the "legal" trouble Angela had mentioned in her telephone call.
Here is the Youtube video of his man beating his police dog:

I have yet to receive any refund from these con artists, and I have sent them three certified letters demanding a refund. I am now going to start legal Proceedings against the Joneses and inform Charles L. Jones' chief of his threats.
Do NOT do business with these people. They are scam artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2011 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Farms-Landscaping/Raleigh-North-Carolina-/Golden-Farms-Landscaping-Charles-Jones-Rip-off-property-damage-refused-to-reimburse-damag-729535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Farms Landscaping

I totally disagree with you.

AUTHOR: Pat - (United States of America)

I have no idea how you dreamed up these allegations and ridiculous statements.  I also have no idea why you felt the need to tie in totally irrelevant garbage.  Are you an irate competitor?  Do you have any proof to support your fantasy?

I have used this company for many years and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact they have gone out of their way to do a great job and to do it right. I have spoken with Ms. Jones on severl occasions and have never heard her use profanity or say mean and ugly things about people (unlike you).  As a matteer of fact, she very graciously worked with me once to straighten out a billing problem that I caused and to make sure I understood each step.

As for the other garbage you spewed, you failed to mention tht Mr. Jones won his lawsuit so I will make that clear.  I am very glad I don't have to do business with you if, in fact, you own a business.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: scared - (United States of America)

I recently was contacted by a man named charles from an add on craigslist for landscaper needed. I had no idea who this man was until recently!...he was the biggest jerk I have ever came accross..on top of working me like a DOG!!.he tryed to pay me with a fake payroll check!!!!!......I knew something felt wierd about the situation, had a funny feeling in my stomach i guess. so i was handed a FAKE check, and immediately started to look it over, it was then jerked out of my hands my mr jones and ripped up, and was told he would have have me locked up!!...i was AND  still am scared!..i demanded my pay in CASH, and was sent home that day. i was on to his scam, and he knew it!..then i get home and google his name.;.I COULDNT BELEIVE WHAT WAS LISTED!!....this man is a disgrace to law ennforcement or as a human being!...    DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR GOLDEN FARMS LANDSCAPING!!!!!!!......THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST!!!!!..

I had a similar problem

AUTHOR: Denise McBride - (United States of America)

I hired this same landscaping company in 2010 and I must say Charles Jones is the most hateful person I have ever encountered.
I remember seeing the news reports about the highway patrolman who abused his dog, but never realized the hateful man from Golden Farms Landscaping was the same person. Anyone who has met this man probably knows he is guilty of that, it's so obvious what type of person he is.
He is very rude and condescending and at one point I feared for my safety after he threatened me because I confronted him about some missing items from my property. I suspected he or someone who works for him stole the items while doing landscaping work. I fired him after that.

Don't do business with these people. You are right about them being dangerous scammers.

Golden Farms Landscaping contact information

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

The address and telephone number for "Golden Farms Landscaping and Lawn Care" is:

2940 Jackson King Road
Willow Spring, NC 27592-7933

(919) 331-0105

Owners: Angela and Charles L. Jones

For further reading into the strange Joneses: