Complaint Review: Golden Financial Trust

• Updated: Sat, August 16, 2008

• Reported By:Haines City Florida
Golden Financial Trust
5678 Church Street Saint John, New Brunswick Canada

Golden Financial Trust received a letter mailed from Canada from this compnay with a check for $4680 telling me to cash it and send them $3970 to get my chack for $250,000 Saint John New Brunswick Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: 2 things.

On 7/30/08 I received a letter mailed from Canada from GOLDEN FINANCIAL TRUST with a $4,680.00 check enclosed. The check was from J.P Morgan and Chase Bank. According to the letter, I had won $250,000 from a 'CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAW' organized. I was advised to contact a claims agent John Roberts 1-778-316-9270 for further instructions on how to claim my winnings.

Mr. Robert told me that I had to send a $3980 moneygram to pay for the tax on the $250,000 I had won. He told me to mail the moneygram to: Melinda Crowe, 742 19th Avenue, Saint John NB, Canada E5B 4K9.

On 8/1/08 I cashed the $4680 check at my local neighborhood convenice store. On 8/16/08 I was notified by the store that my check was a fake/fraud. I have tried several times to contact Mr. John Roberts with no success.

Tiffany
Haines City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Financial-Trust/Saint-John-New-Brunswick-V9k-2Y6/Golden-Financial-Trust-received-a-letter-mailed-from-Canada-from-this-compnay-with-a-check-363564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Financial Trust

#1 Consumer Suggestion

2 things.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Very sad that you fell for this.

1. Contact the FBI, your local police, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to report these fraudsters.

2. Unfortunately, you're going to be held responsible to repay the amount of the check to the check cashing joint. If you haven't done so, return the monies to the check cashing place immediately.