Complaint Review: Golden Gates Funeral Home Dallas Tx

• Updated: Sun, March 02, 2014

• Reported By: upset wife — SHREVEPORT Louisiana
Golden Gates Funeral Home Dallas Tx
4155 S.R.L. Thornton Freeway Dallas, , Texas USA

Golden Gates Funeral Home Dallas Texas John Beckwith Jr Buried My Husband ,married 30yrs, without my permission and listed someone else as the wife and refuse to correct it. Dallas, Texas

My Husband died in Dallas, Tx in 2009, I contacted Golden Gates Funeral Home to let them know I did not want them to bury my husband.

It took them 3 or 4 days to return my calls (several calls made). When they called, I was advised by management that in the state of Texas any one could bury a person. I needed  to provide  them with proof that I was his wife. They requested no information from the person that put the money up.

When the information was provided to them, I was told it was too late, he had been buried.

A couple of  weeks later get a d/c and it list antother  woman as the wife.

I filed a complaint with the Texas Funeral  Commission and it was ruled that GGFH was worng and would be filed and would need to correct the d/c.

John Beckwith is appealing the decision and as of today the hearing had been rescheduled for different reasons.

This is a company that is a total ripoff, they take advantage of people when they are at one of the lowest point a  person can be in.  When you lose a love one you expect the funeral home to help not take advantage.

This business is making money any way they can and say it's about making the family happy.  Yes this is the same business that televise The Best Funeral Ever..a radio program Ask the Undertaker.  It's all talk, they have a F rating with the BBB of Dallas.

Because they refused to answer a complaint made by another customer, and they say they care about the family. Well this wife had been upset for 4 years and no one is trying to make it better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2014 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Gates-Funeral-Home-Dallas-Tx/Dallas-Texas-75224/Golden-Gates-Funeral-Home-Dallas-Texas-John-Beckwith-Jr-Buried-My-Husband-married-30yrs-1127700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Gates Funeral Home Dallas Tx