Complaint Review: Golden Locksmith

• Reported By: UBN86D — Fredericksburg Virginia United States of America
Golden Locksmith
3147 Duke St Alexandria, Va. 22314 Internet United States of America

Golden Locksmith D.C. Locksmith Bait & switch, False address, Internet

9/10/12,3:30 My daughter locked her keys in her car in Washington, D.C. she called D.C. locksmith to have her car unlocked. They told her over the phone it would cost $45.00 plus $15.00 service fee. The technician, Mati (pronounced Matty) unlocked her car in less than a minute, sexually harrased her and asked her out for dinner while doing so, and told her the cost was $186.00. When asked why so much, he replied, "Sweetie, we tell you the low number over the phone, because all the other locksmiths lie, so we have to lie, or you will call someone else."
D.C. locksmith (202) 683-6065 was called, but our credit card was billed to Golden Locksmith in Alexandria, Va. All phone numbers for the company go to call centers, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they hung up.
I did speak to two people from D.C. locksmith, who claim they work for Golden Locksmith, Michelle, a dispatcher (202) 683-6065, who gave my number to Sergio, who called me back (number blocked as private), and explained that all the locksmiths do this, it's just like carpet cleaning and duct cleaning business who advertise a low price and charge more for chemicals, etc. He threatened to sue me and drag me into D.C. court if I disputed the charges. My card was charged to the Alexandria address.
I drove 50 miles to the Alexandria address, only to find the address does not exist.
Here are two web pages connected to this company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Locksmith/internet/Golden-Locksmith-DC-Locksmith-Bait-switch-False-address-Internet-940208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Locksmith