Complaint Review: Golden Motor Canada - Gary Salo

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: unhappy — United States of America
Golden Motor Canada - Gary Salo

Golden Motor Canada - Gary Salo Gary Salo Terrible Customer Service Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This was a complete misunderstanding on behalf of the author

*Author of original report: update

*Author of original report: Resolved - but not 100% to my satisfaction

*Author of original report: Fraud

I've ordered electric bicycle kits from Golden Motor Canada on 3 occasions in the past 9 months.  All 3 orders they either sent the wrong item or sent a defective item. In each case I have had to bear the cost of shipping them the wrong or defective items to the tune of $70-80 each time (they are in Canada and I am in USA).  The first 2 times I gave them the benefit of doubt and ate the cost.  On this last order they treated me so poorly I had to come here and let you all know.

So on this last order they sent me the wrong item AGAIN.  I called up Gary Salo the owner and explained to him that yet again they sent the wrong bike motor. He said rather than me bear the cost of return he would offer to send me the correct motor at 1/2 price and I keep the wrong item.  I don't really have a need for the wrong motor but figured I could sell it on ebay or craigslist for half price and break even.  So I accept his offer and I pay 1/2 price for a new motor which he sends out.

A week later I get the motor and it's defective!  I email him and he says ship it back to him. he tells me to claim the customs value of $10 so he will not be assessed an import tax.  I tell him I can;t do that because I will not be able to insure it for more than the claimed value and if it is lost in shipment I am out everything.  So I ship it and claim the value at $275 as 'defective returned goods'.  It cost me $83 to ship it back which I know I'll never get that back.  He receives the motor and proceeds to complain to me that he had to pay $45 in import tax.  I explain to him that Canada taxing authority has provisions for refund of import tax on returned defective goods.  He continues to whine and complain about the fact he is out $45.  I tell him I'm out $83 for shipping the product back to him and I don't care to hear of his troubles with his tax troubles.

A week goes by.  No response from him even after multiple emails asking what the status was.  I decided it was best to file a paypal claim which I did.  He now refuses to refund anything or send me the proper product.  In short he hold my product and my money. Paypal has yet to resolve the issue.

So in closing, I'd say stay away from Golden Motor Canada unless you want to be sent the wrong product or defective product and don't mind paying large postage fees to send improper items back and wait for weeks/months for resolution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Motor-Canada-Gary-Salo/internet/Golden-Motor-Canada-Gary-Salo-Gary-Salo-Terrible-Customer-Service-Internet-962657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Motor Canada - Gary Salo

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This was a complete misunderstanding on behalf of the author

AUTHOR: Gary Salo - (Canada)

Agreed, If there is any doubt of my reputation, please come to my website and read the testimonials.

update

AUTHOR: unhappy - (United States of America)

misunderstanding on my part issue resolved

Resolved - but not 100% to my satisfaction

AUTHOR: unhappy - (United States of America)

It took countless emails, postings on internet forums and phone calls but we finally got a resolution from Golden Motor Canada.  It's not what we felt they should have done at least we're not left high and dry.

Situation resolved, but we'll never buy from them again.

Fraud

AUTHOR: unhappy - (United States of America)

Update - Gary at Golden Motor Canada has told Paypal that he never received our return.  Despite the fact that we sent Paypal proof that we returned the item via USPS Paypal has denied our claim.

It's official.  Gary Salo at Golden Motor has our product and also our funds.  He refuses to send us even the defective motor back.

We are left with nothing but a mess and over $500 out of pocket.

bore