Complaint Review: Golden Rule Insurance, United Healthcare

• Updated: Sat, September 05, 2009

• Reported By: Brandon — Helena Alabama USA
Golden Rule Insurance, United Healthcare
uhc.com birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Golden Rule Insurance, United Healthcare takes your money and denies ALL your claims! birmingham, Alabama

My wife and I signed up with United Healthcare in February 2009 and purchased comprehensive medical and dental coverage for individuals as I am self employed and her employer at the time didn't have a good plan. We paid our premiums for three months and then I had pains from wisdom teeth and had to have them removed. We went to the doctor and they called United Healthcare to get my policy information and United Healthcare told them we would have to pay 420 dollars out of pocket and they would cover the rest. Great, we thought.

So three months later, we get a bill from the doctor for another 1000 dollars. When I called them to ask, they informed me that insurance denied my claim. After going back and forth with the insurance company, they told me that they would not pay my claim because of a waiting period that had not been reached. I had no idea I had a waiting period. I would not pay a health insurance company to take my money and not pay any claims, that doesn't make sense!

Over the course of my policy, which was only 8 months as I dropped them as soon as I found out about their scam, I paid them 2000 dollars. They paid less than 200 dollars for a visit to the doctor. I wasted all that money by giving it to United Healthcare for NOTHING.

I have since found out that they are CONSTANTLY being sued by their customers for not paying claims. I heard this from several doctors offices. After reading other reviews, I found out that most everyone who used them switched because they are so horrible.

We all need health insurance. The point of it is so that just in case something happens, like bad pains from wisdom teeth, we aren't stuck with a 1500 dollar out of pocket bill that in these times, we just can't afford. Insurance is supposed to help you in unexpected times, right? United Healthcare doesn't feel this way. They believe that you pay them money and they don't have to pay a thing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2009 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Rule-Insurance-United-Healthcare/birmingham-Alabama-/Golden-Rule-Insurance-United-Healthcare-takes-your-money-and-denies-ALL-your-claims-bir-490684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Rule Insurance, United Healthcare