depth

• Reported By: Neci — Oakland California United States of America
Golden Skate
2701 Hooper Drive San Ramon, California United States of America

Golden Skate Horribly Unethical San Ramon, California

I took my son and some family members to Golden Skate on Saturday, September 15, 2012, for the kids skating session. I understood from previous phone calls to the rink that all kids 10 and under could skate with free admission and that over 10 could not skate. I arrived with at least 10 kids under 10 and my 16yr old daughter and 11 year old niece. We started to fill out our paperwork for the children when a lady (rather rude) comes out and tells me that my oldest daughter and niece were not allowed to skate.

Now from previous calls, I already knew that. But she then tells me "let me make this clear, they can not even come inside". What? They can not come in the building? What were they supposed to do? Stand outside at 10:00 a.m alone? I was never told this. So I asked again to verifiy and she told me that they would intimidate the kids. How can an 11yr old intimidate a 10yr old?

So I left and took my children elsewhere. BUT I called back and spoke with a gentlemen later that day and pretended to just ask questions about the kids session. Once he told me that over 10 are allowed in but would have to pay full admission, I was livid. He verified that they could not skate but could come in. So now I feel that we were discriminated against because there was a large party of African American children there at one time. Mind you, it was my sons 8th bday and all he wanted to do was skate.

Golden Skate ruined our day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Skate/San-Ramon-California-94583/Golden-Skate-Horribly-Unethical-San-Ramon-California-942318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Skate