Complaint Review: Golden rule auto sales

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Abc New Jersey United States of America
Golden rule auto sales
922 southeast ave tallmadge oh 44278 Tallmadge, Ohio United States of America

Golden rule auto sales Jason Robertson Jason is a thief! Do not trust these people Tallmadge , Ohio

*Author of original report: Jason and I have agreed to resolve this issue

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Call me for factual proof

I sent Jason a deposit to hold a truck that he swore to me it was in A1 mechanical condition. After driving 400 miles from nj to Ohio to test drive the truck I find that the transmission is slipping. I said I wouldn't be buying the truck because the transmission is bad and he said ok. I asked for my deposit back and he said he won't give it back because there's nothing wrong with the truck. He is not to be trusted. I should have known better after seeing the name of his business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-rule-auto-sales/Tallmadge-Ohio-44278/Golden-rule-auto-sales-Jason-Robertson-Jason-is-a-thief-Do-not-trust-these-people-Tallm-987086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden rule auto sales

Jason and I have agreed to resolve this issue

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Since my original post I have been in contact with Jason and he has agreed to give me a refund of my deposit. After a few conversations with Jason I believe that we both misunderstood each other and he actually seems to be quite honest. we caught each other on a bad day and since then he has redeemed himself as a trustworthy salesman.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Call me for factual proof

AUTHOR: Jrob - (United States of America)

I am the owner of Golden Rule Auto Sales. I have a A+++ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. I have 100% positive feedback with eBay. I have never been taken to court even once. My company's reputation speaks for itself. As for you above complaint, the truck did not have a tranny problem. It is a fact that it does not nor ever has had a tranny problem. The person who filed this complaint was in town for the holidays (notice the day they came Dec 26th,) thus he did not drive 400 miles to buy the truck. They asked us to hold the truck for 7 days. All deposits are 100% non refundable since we turn other customers away while holding it. This was clearly understood and explained before hand. The custimer simply stated that in his opinion the tranny could go out in the future. Contrary to our policy I offered to give the deposit back but customer but he was belligerent and insulting and refused to listen. I still am willing but he will not pick up the phone. After doing some research on this customer it seems that he has a history of filing complaints and trying to cause trouble.  It really is sad that people like this try to slander good, hardworking businesses like mine. All I can ask is that if you are considering buying a car from me that you contact a reputable company like the BBB instead of this website who wants to charge me $2,000 to refute his factually inaccurate slanderous claim. Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have.
Jason Robinson