Complaint Review: Goldies

• Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: piperrob30 — Los Angeles California
Goldies
8422 W 3rd St. Los Angeles, California United States of America

Goldies Chef thomas Lim Bad business Practiices and dishonesty in payment of wages Los Angeles, California

I started a trial on 4/4/13 and worked for 5 hours to see if I would be a good fit for this company. I fit all the qualifications for this position. The trial hours were unpaid, and at the end of the night on 4/4/13 Executive Chef Thomas Lim told me to come in tomorrow at 11 am, and he will have me fill the paperwork out to begin employment. I got to work the following day on 4/5/13 at 11 am and the chef told me to get a shirt and an apron. I began work at 11 and mid-shift I asked him for the paperwork because I felt there was something fishy about this establishment, but nonetheless I worked till 7pm. The Chef told me at the end of the night that he would have me fill the paperwork out on Monday because he couldn't find it at the time. He then told me to come back the following day on 4/6/13 and I would work the same shift. I did just that the following day. My day off was Sunday 4/7 and I came in for work on Monday at 9 am and filled the paperwork out. I started work and worked till 3pm and the shift was over. The following day I worked at 9 am and mid-shift it waas slow and Sous Chef Drew sent me home as it was slow I clocked out and went home at 1:30 pm on 4/9/13. I had the rest of the week off till friday where I was supposed to work 9-3 on friday and the same for the following day on saturday. Chef Thomas left me an email telling me that he didn't need me for either shifts and that he would let me know my schedule for next week the following day on saturday. I waited for my schedule and checked my email all weekend and called him about 10 times and his phone went to voicemail everytime. In which he has no voicemail message even set up and who knows if that is even his number. To this day I still have no evidence that it's his actual number.

On wednesday 4/17 they texted me and said that i was scheduled at 4 and i texted them back and said that I would be there. I quit that night as I was upset about their poor business practices and lack of respect, and them getting upset at me for taking a smoke break. I notified them that I wouldn't be coming back verbally and said that I would be back to pick up my check on Friday 4/19/13. Friday I got to pick up my check and there's no check the general manager asks me to come back that it would be cleared up before 6pm. I arrive at 5:30 pm and at this point am tired of their lack of respect and dishonesty that they can feel it and they cut me a check for 95.92 with taxes taken out. Who even knows if they reported that to the government. They paid me for 4/8 and 4/9 which totalled 10.5 hours. They were short on my check at least 220.00 and still haven't paid me. They keep giving me excuse after excuse and saying that I have to be patient with them. Excuse me for having bills and having to take care of responsibilities.

It has been 9 days and now my phone is turned off and they still haven't paid me. I have filed a complaint with the labor board as they are way past the 72 hour period of paying me for my work in full. I cut my losses with them and their business practices are obsurd. I would like to notify others so that this sort of thing doesn't keep happening to people. I am sure that i am not the only one that they do this to but for now it seems like I am the only one who is going to not let this happen to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldies/Los-Angeles-California-90048/Goldies-Chef-thomas-Lim-Bad-business-Practiices-and-dishonesty-in-payment-of-wages-Los-An-1046534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldies