Complaint Review: Goldman Warshaw

Goldman Warshaw
34 Maple Avenue Ste 101 Pinebrook, New Jersey United States of America

Goldman Warshaw Something fishy is going on! Pinebrook, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Talk to a lawyer about this matter

Last month there was a legal order withdrawal from my Bank of America account that wiped my account out. When I called to investigate I found out that Goldman Warshaw (a collection company) filed a judgment against me for a credit card debt I owed from 2003. I called them to get more information and they wanted me to make a payment arrangement with them to pay the rest of the money...or else.

Now, the thing that I am highly questioning and even the court officer says sounds bizarre is when i asked them to send me correspondence (i.e. stipulation of settlement, cease and decist, etc) they told me they couldn't send me any correspondence because I'm in a "border state" (South Carolina) and they can't mail documents to border states. I've never heard this in my life! Who can take money from someone but can't give any documentation in return? So what am I supposed to do, just take their word for it?

Now, I'm not negating that I owed the money from seven years ago. But isn't there a statute of limitations in new jersey of 6 years? Also, when i asked them what was the last address they had on file for me they gave me an address that I hadn't lived at for four years (which was in NJ). Even if they were sending me letters, I wasn't receiving them and obviously wouldn't get them anyway with this "border state" bullcrap! So they didn't give me a chance to respond. They just wipe me out with no warning!

I don't know my legal rights in this or whether anyone else has experienced this so if you have please offer your advice in this matter. I went ahead and made an arrangement with them because i cannot afford to have them keep wiping my bank account out but something just doesn't seem right about how they are doing business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 01:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldman-Warshaw/Pinebrook-New-Jersey-07058/Goldman-Warshaw-Something-fishy-is-going-on-Pinebrook-New-Jersey-677420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldman Warshaw

Talk to a lawyer about this matter

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

Why don't you talk to a lawyer about this and get more imformation . You should also close your bank account with bank of America and go to another bank.

Fron what I understand a collection agency cannot touch your account unless its a court order signed by a judge.

Ask a attorney to write them a letter demanding all imformation on this