Complaint Review: Gold's Gym - O'Fallon, Illinois

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Bill Seper — Belleville Illinois United States of America
Gold's Gym - O'Fallon, Illinois
1160 Central Park Drive O'Fallon, Illinois United States of America

Gold's Gym - O'Fallon, Illinois Beware of Cancellation Practices O'Fallon, Illinois

I joined the O'Fallon, Illinois Gold's Gym in January and paid three months up front till the end of March. I stated emphatically that I only wanted a three month membership. The manager lady said it was no problem, that people get winter-only memberships all the time. I was supposed to have signed everything and been DONE. Now here it is almost June and I just checked my bank statements to find that they've billed me like I'm a regular member for the past two months! So far they've stolen $73.96 out of my checking account. When I called them they said that I never signed a cancellation paper. Are you kidding me? She was supposed to have taken care of all that. She had told me it was all done and paid for. Atop of that, I specifically talked to one of the office staff the day before my membership was supposed to expire and asked them to make sure there were no loose ends. Again they said, no problem. Now after searching the net I've found numerous consumer complaints all over the country from people all saying the same thing. Many of them even say they DID sign a cancellation paper but the company claims not to have it. What this Gold's Gym company needs is a congressional investigation. Write to your congressman about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2012 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym-OFallon-Illinois/OFallon-Illinois-62269/Golds-Gym-OFallon-Illinois-Beware-of-Cancellation-Practices-OFallon-Illinois-890086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold's Gym - O'Fallon, Illinois