- Report: #65471
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Gold's Gym
Gold's Gym7800 North Mopac, Suite 345 Austin, Texas U.S.A.
Gold's Gym ripoff fraudulent ripoff business Austin Texas
*Consumer Suggestion: I have an easier solution for you.
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
-I have been laid off and among the lifestyle changes, gym membership needed to be cancelled.
- On 7/1/2003, I went to my gym and filled a "membership change form". On the note "comments", the Golds Gym representative writes and signs "World Gym Member_Freeze thru Dec. Start again in Jan." I have copy of the membership change form. World Gym was the gym I originally got enrolled. Last year, it was bought by Golds Gym.
-At the same time, the employee states that it will be effective as of then and there will be no withdraw on my account for the month of July. I paid a fee of $15 to "freeze my account". The check was cashed.
-Comes July 15th, the monthly membership fee is withdrawn from my account. I called the Corporate Office (please just imagine the calls and the wait, but that's nothing!) and I was told that it is not possible to freeze the account for six months, but only three. Moreover, the change takes effect after 30 days from the form fill out.
-I point out that a) I did not use the gym, as easily demonstrable, during the month of July as I was explained by THEIR REPRESENTATIVE, the change was immediate. b) Had I known that the freeze lasted only 3 months, I had rather cancel my membership all together.
-My request was to either refund me my monthly membership (as I did not use the gym as directed) or my "freeze fee" or "freeze the account for 6 months as signed by their representative. I wrote a fax, I called several times and left messages, but nobody has got back to me. At this point I want to cancel all together because of their poor customer service. other people I spoke with had serious problems in cancelling their membership.
- Lastely, these people will withdraw the monthly membership fee again from my account if I do not stop them (unless I want to undergo the pain of changing my bank account.).
I found their policy and behaviour fraudulent: they write something, they do something else and seems on purpose, considering that no effort has been made to solve the situation.
Can you please help? Please feel free to contact me either via e-mail or telephone.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2003 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym/Austin-Texas-78759/Golds-Gym-ripoff-fraudulent-ripoff-business-Austin-Texas-65471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.