Complaint Review: Golds Gym

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Ron — katy Texas U.S.A.
Golds Gym
16211 Clay Rd. Houston, TX 77084 Houston, Texas United States of America

Golds Gym Keep charging after you cancel membership Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: The ABCs of Financial scam at Golds Gym

I wrote to Golds Gym asking to cancel the membership in July 2012. No response. They charged me I wrote them another letter still getting charged. Third letter and still charged called and they said they never received a letter. Informed them I had 3 letters mailed to them regarding cancelling. In the third letter it said they are no longer authorized to charge the card they still did. I closed the account.

I should not have to pay for a cancelled membership. And asked for a refund of the $10 monthly fee for 2 months that they charged without my permission. ABC Financial calls 6-8 times a day to collect the $10 monthly fee and a $19.95 fee. They will not listen to you. I have spoken to ABC Finacial a couple of times. In the conversation to them today I told them to stop the harrasment and to refund the $10 monthly fee for 2 months and a $19.95 for unauthorized charges fee for 2 months, Need to receive it by Monday.

Lets see what happens.

Do not go to Golds Gym other reports on here with same issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym/Houston-Texas-77084/Golds-Gym-Keep-charging-after-you-cancel-membership-Houston-Texas-972796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golds Gym

The ABCs of Financial scam at Golds Gym

AUTHOR: Papa Bear - ()

I was told that upon signing up at the Gold Gym 12632 Dorsett Rd, Maryland Heights, MO that canceling my membership was as easy as bringing in my FL DL. I made it very clear I was only using the gym for a two month period. The guy who signed me up was friendly and understanding. I used the gym over the next few weeks and returned home to FL. A few months later I called and was told that I needed to fax my FL DL into the store so that they CAN PROVE I DON'T LIVE WITH IN 25 MILES OF A GOLDS."Wait that was not the deal", I told the manager on the phone. I was explained that this was the contract I signed. I WAS LIED TO. No problem I don't live near one in FL...Sent in my DL...problem solved. No it was not , not by a long shot...I noticed my credit card was still being billed. I called back. I was now told I had signed a ONE YEAR CONTRACT...WHAAAT???? Ok now they got me. I continued to pay the 50$ or so a month. I'm screwed bit I learned my lesson. Now it gets worse. So after the year of getting milked for 50$ the year ends. I cancelled my credit card and I assumed that was that with my relationship with GOLDS Gym...I get a call asking why I have not paid. I stated " MY CONTRACT IS UP, YOU SCREWED ME, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR GYM", I was told by the person on the phone ...OK. It gets worse ...a month later I get a bill threatening collections. HUH? My memberships needed in Jan. It's now April. I CALL THE MANAGER AGAIN. This time she says there was NO RECORD OF ME CALLING OR CANCELING MY MEMBERSHIP. I was told I have to log on to a web site to cancel. This was the first time I heard this. I called customer service for GOLDS. There is no customer service. PORSCHE told me that THERE WAS NO RECORD OF ME CALLING ANYONE AND THE IT WAS A TYPICAL ...HE SAID , SHE SAID . I asked her " who's the customer Porsche. You went to business school Porsche with honors. You remember in business ethics the chapter on customer retention". Well we all know where this conversation went. I was told a MANAGER WILL CALL ME BUT THEY ARE VERY BUSY SO IT COULD TAKE UP TO 48 HRS. As I write this that was 4 days ago.

Beware of GOLDS Gym/ABC Financial