• Report: #802062

• Updated: Sun, November 27, 2011

• Reported By: MMMoore — Piscataway New Jersey USA
Golds Gym
Route 9 old bridge, New Jersey United States of America

Golds Gym CLUB METRO USA Reported Cancelled Contract to Credit Agency... Contract was Cancelled Prior to Opening old bridge, New Jersey

I have recently been contacted by a collection agency regarding an "active" account I have with Club Metro. I disputed the account and after he advised of the location I hung up. I called back and advised that in May 2009 I signed up for Golds Gym but cancelled in June because they couldn't open due to a series of failed inspections. The facility couldn't open and they were allowing contract holders to cancel without penalty because they didn't know when they would open. I moved in September 2009 and to my knowledge the gym was still not open for business. I have never received any bills/statements from Golds Gym. Now 2+ years later I am receiving a collections call. The guy wants proof of cancellation and I find that to be quite disturbing. I don't have the paperwork anymore as this was resolved in summer 2009. I have googled the gyms official opening and it appears that occurred during Sept/Oct 2009. I have not received 1 statement nor collections letter regarding this account. The only received was this phone call yesterday. How can I go about resolving this matter? I am not paying for a membership that I cancelled because the gym couldn't open for failed inspections. All advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2011 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym/old-bridge-New-Jersey-08857/Golds-Gym-CLUB-METRO-USA-Reported-Cancelled-Contract-to-Credit-Agency-Contract-was-Can-802062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golds Gym