Complaint Review: Golds gym

• Submitted: Tue, March 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 31, 2012

• Reported By: yellowburd1 — Parowan Utah United States of America
Golds gym
1605 West Regency Road Cedar City Utah 84720 Cedar City, Utah United States of America

Golds gym Gold's Gym repetative lies, delinquency in returning money, rude corporate customer service dept. Cedar City, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: I had a similar problem at Bountiful Gold's

I initally signed a contract for personal training at Gold's Gym in Cedar City and gave a susbstantial deposit paid on my bank card.  Two days later I excersized my right to rescind the contract. I brought a written and signed cancellation letter in to the Gym and gave it personally to Greg Nottingham, the head of the personal training department. He told me he would fax it over to the corporate office immediately and that I should have a refund by the weeks end. ( lie #1)

After 3 weeks I went into the gym and told Greg I still had not been refunded the deposit.  He then asked who I was and when I reminded him he went and called the corporate office and was told that sometimes the refund can take up to 1 month (lie #2). He did at this point apologize for giving me wrong information and told me to further any concerns to the corporate office.

Two weeks later I had still not recieved the deposit, so I called the corporate office and spoke with Tara. She told me that I had to send in my bank statement to verify the payment.  I sat on this a couple of days, because I felt it was a delay tactic, and why should I have to surrender personal information to a company that had held almost $300.00 for over a month.  I called her back on the following Monday and told her it was hard for meto believe that their accounting department  coulnd't verify  a payment made over a month ago. She told me that everyone had to send in a bank statement.( Lie #3) I asked why I wasn't told this 5 weeks ago and she said she didn't know. At this point I am convinced of shady shady business practices by this company.

I also called Greg at the gym and he told me he had never heard ofanyone having to send in a bank statement, that he would call the corporate office and call me backwithin 30 minutes (Lie #4 he never called back)

The following day I called customer service again to get the fax number and and a supervisors number. Yoshi from the corporate office answered. I asked him for the above numbers and he asked why I was asking for a supervisors number.  I explained the situation and he called the accounting department and told me my refund would be effective by the end of the business day. He would not however give me a supervisors number for this region. He told me my issue was resolved and that was that. However if a representative or representatives of a company blatantly lie continuously the company is held liable.  Shame on Gold's Gym for there continuous lies and outright fraudulent business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-gym/Cedar-City-Utah-84720/Golds-gym-Golds-Gym-repetative-lies-delinquency-in-returning-money-rude-corporate-cust-859978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golds gym

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I had a similar problem at Bountiful Gold's

AUTHOR: Golds Gym Sucks - (USA)

I had a similar problem at the Bountiful Gold's Gym, run by the same franchise as your Cedar City location. They forged an electronic contract and promissory note in my name for Personal Training. You should consider filing a complaint with the Division of Consumer Protection, they have authority over Health Spas. I think we may be able to help each other. If you see this message, please contact me, I will also try to watch your post for any updates.