Complaint Review: Goldstein & Scopellite, PC

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Ripped OFF — Dallas Texas USA
Goldstein & Scopellite, PC
2515 Thomas Avenue Dallas, Texas United States of America

Goldstein & Scopellite, PC Michelle Scopellite, Sheldon Goldstein Got ripped off by this firm; nickel and dimed me for no service at all Dallas, Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Muhammad Arslan Ahmed with MANY a/k/a's, IS a LIAR and has NOT proved that our firm ripped him off.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Muhammad Arslan Ahmed with MANY a/k/a's, has NOT proved that our firm ripped him off

*Author of original report: Sure.... you can trust her

*Author of original report: Yeop, you all be the judge

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Muhammad Arslan Ahmed who wrote this Report is a LIAR and the facts support our Rebutal

These so called attorneys are non less than ripoffs. Thats what they did to me.

I filed an annulment case and paid $3500 as retainer; thinking this would get me through at least 2-3 appearances, but i was so wrong.

Michelle Scopellite and Sheldon Goldstein told me everything to make me feel good. I ended up paying more than $7500 for literally nothing. These attorneys claim that they have the lowest rates in town, but what they don't tell you is that they charge in the increments of 1/3rd.

For every single 2 line email, i paid $40 for it to be read by them. They charged me hundereds of dollars just to scan and tab my file. Frivolous charges like reading file, scanning the same file 2-3 times, tabbing the same file more than 4 times, preparing the same affidavit 3 time. I ended up paying close to $7500 just for a 8-10 page affidavit and having the petition served on my wife, that it. No calls made to opposing council, no hearing.. nothing!

These people robbed me in broad daylight without the slightest concern how it will make me feel. I had no knowledge of legal system and they used it against me.

I ended up dropping the case and forgetting about annulment. Went with another attorney and filed a divorce for mere 1000 bucks including 3 appearances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldstein-Scopellite-PC/Dallas-Texas-75201/Goldstein-Scopellite-PC-Michelle-Scopellite-Sheldon-Goldstein-Got-ripped-off-by-this-f-950866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldstein & Scopellite, PC

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Michelle - (USA)

Muhammad Arslan Ahmed with MANY DIFFERENT a/k/a's, IS a liar has NOT proved that our firm ripped him off.
Muhammad Arslan Ahmed a/k/a Muhammad Ahmed a/k/a Arslan A. Muhammad a/k/a Arslan Ahmed a/k/a Zaki Khan a/k/a Arslan Kiani a/k/a (Google) a/k/a Arslan A. (Yelp) a/k/a Just (Yahoo) a/k/a Mohammad Arslan Ahmed ARE ALL THE SAME PERSON and he is the one who left all of the negative reviews and LIES about our firm on all of the web-sites that he mentions in his review on this site.
Before his negative reviews, there were none.  All of these names are all him, and in my opinion, Mr. Ahmed needs serious mental help.  He names himself different people and he told me that he is those people. He even admitted to me that he is the person who left all of these negative reviews on several different sites, which had to take him hours to set up and post as each one required that he set up a separate email account with different names and email addresses. Mr. Ahmed is a liar and his wife's Affidavit proves who he is (go to my previous rebuttal and read how to get to his wife's story and read it). Mr. Ahmed is also some kind of an IT guy, so engaging in this type of review fraud may be "fun" to him, but in the real world it is just sick behavior.  He is also delusional and in my opinion, not mentally healthy (again, read his wife's affidavit).  So when you read all of his negative reviews about our firm, keep in mind who he is and that all of the negative reviews are all written by ONE person - Muhammad Arslan Ahmed  (a/k/a numerous people). ........
As for our firm, we help our clients if they stick with us and they don't hire a different attorney or ask us to withdraw in the beginning or middle of their case, as Mr. Ahmed did.  As for our billing, our billing is reasonable and necessary.  Mr. Ahmed signed an agreement that said he would be charged exactly as he states he was charged in his reviews and he agreed to those charges. He now wants to complain because he owes our firm the money for the work that we did and I won't give him back his money. He was told several times to stop emailing us (things we did not need) and he would not stop emailing us.
he told me he would leave these reviews unless I gave him back his money. This is extortion.
......
As to our alleged Bar complaints, I called the Bar today. They never spoke to Mr. Ahmed and we have no complaints and ALL of our attorneys are in GOOD standing.  Again, Muhammad Arslan Ahmed is - as my younger brother used to say about liars - "A BIG UGLY LIAR" and he is just angry because he owes us money and I wont refund the money he paid for the work we performed.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Michelle - (USA)

Muhammad Arslan Ahmed a/k/a Muhammad Ahmed a/k/a Arslan A. Muhammad a/k/a Arslan Ahmed a/k/a Zaki Khan Arslan Kiani a/k/a (Google) a/k/a Arslan A. (Yelp) a/k/a Just (Yahoo) a/k/a Mohammad Arslan Ahmed  are ALL THE SAME PERSON and he is the one who left all of the negative reviews about our firm.  Before him, there were none. All of these names are all him, and in my opinion, he needs serious mental help.  He names himself different people and he told me that he believes himself to be those people. He is also delusional and that is not mentally healthy. He even admitted to me that he is the person who left all of these negative ads on several different sites, which had to take him hours to set up and post as each one required that he set up a separate email account. He is some kind of an IT guy. So when you read all of the negative reviews, keep in mind that they are all from him and they are all LIES.  We help our clients.  Mr. Ahmed is a liar and his wife's Affidavit proves who he is.  Go to my previous rebutal and read how to get to his wife's story and read it.  As for our billing, he signed an agreement that said he would be charged exactly as he states he was charged and he agreed to those charges. He now wants to complain becasue he owed our firm the money for the work we did. He was told several times to stop emailing us (things we did not need) and he would not stop emailing us. As to our alleged bar complaints, we have none. Again, he is a liar.

Sure.... you can trust her

AUTHOR: Ripped OFF - (USA)

This may happen to you too. You go to this firm to avail their services, and they will do this to you too. She thinks that by putting my case information and my address online she is causing a huge dent in my reputation. What she is doing is actually exposing how profesisonally unethical she is. She never called me, but to instill fear in my heart that she will sue me if i dont remove the online reviews and that she will put my case information online; and so she did.

Well, my case information is already a public record, and so is everyone else's. I highly recommend you to read the original petition and my wife's response on Dallas County website. And then call Texas BAR to find out how many outstanding consumer complaints are against Michelle Scopellite and Sheldon Goldstein. You will be surprised. Infact, do a little experiment and hire this firm...

I went to see her before dropping the case and requested that the case be dropped, since i will be filing for divorce instead. She again tried to charge me $1500 just to drop the case.. ! I ended up doing it myself. Had no choice ;)

Yeop, you all be the judge

AUTHOR: Ripped OFF - (USA)

Dont take my word. Read online reviews from other people; just like me. If these attorneys can post my information online, guess what they will do to you, in the event you dont agree the way they charge you.

Go to google, AVVO and yahoo. Go to any attorney review site and see for yourself, what they have done to their clients; not only me, but every one of them. These people are nothing but ripoffs, try for yourself, if you dont beleive.

Call Texas BAR and see how many pending complaints are against this attorney and her firm. Actually you will be amazed at what they tell you

Oh sure, i am unstable, since i hired this attorney, it has to be considered a decision of unstable mind. Wish i would've done my research online before even paying them a dime. Michelle J Scoppelite is nothing but an extremely rude and unethical person, specializing in the field of ripping off her clients, lying to them, making false promises, and completely ignoring them, once they pay the retainer.

She actually called me and threatened that she will post my case information online for everyone to see, if i dont remove my feedback. Can you beleive it? oh BTW, you can always contact me for a scanned copy of the invoices they sent me, to see for yourself, what they did to my money...!

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Michelle - (United States of America)

The facts, public record, and the record of our firm, support that Muhammad Arslan Ahmed, the person who wrote this report, is a liar and unstable! and that his Report is nothing but far from the truth.

First of all, so that the facts are properly stated, the person who wrote this Report is Muhammad Arslan Ahmed and he resides at 919 S. Weatherred Drive, Apt. 217, Richardson, Texas 75080-7252.

As you will see, by reading this rebuttal and the public file yourself, you may say that Muhammad Arslan Ahmed has a lot of issues including issues with abusing his wife, who we were hired to file an Annulment against, and when we were hired we were told nothing about the issues that his wife brought up in her Affidavit that was filed with the court. You can read what his wife reported to the court about Muhammad Arslan Ahmed and his behavior in her Original Answer (see instructions below).

After we were hired, and after we filed his Original Petition for Annulment,  low and behold, we found out what his wife had said in her Affidavit filed with the court in her Original Answer, and after this was filed, we confronted him with the facts stated in her Affidavit and him not advising us of any of the things she said in her Affidavit. Then, given the fact that his wife had publically filed her Original Answer with a verified Affidavit attached; and after realizing what may be in store for him ahead, Mr. Ahmed withdrew our firm as his counsel and non-suited his own case without even telling us what he had done and without any notice to our firm.  We ended up finding out what he did from the court!  And when he was confronted with this behavior, he said, he didn't want the further evidence on top of what his wife said in her Affidavit coming out in the public. When we asked to be paid for his final invoice, he said, No.  ALL of what I am saying in this rebuttal is the truth and can be verified by reading the public record of his case.

** As to accessing Muhammad Arslan Ahmed's case and his wifes Affidavit, it can be found on the Dallas county public website at link: http://www.dallascounty.org/public_access.php
All you have to do is click or paste the above link and hit the I ACCEPT button at the bottom. It will take you to the next page.
On that page, type in case number:  df1210448  where asked, and then, hit the SEARCH button at the bottom of the page.  Then, on the right side you will see dates and titles. Scroll over the titles and click on the date and words that say:  7/9/2012  Original Answer- General Denial and read his wife's Affidavit for yourself !!

After reading this, you might say that You Need To Beware of Muhammad Arslan Ahmed!! You be the Judge yourself.

Next, and as the record supports, Muhammad Arslan Ahmed did not post these negative reviews until after his wife filed her Affidavit with the court and after he non-suited his case without telling us.  Also, Mr. Ahmed said nothing to us of our billing until his wife filed the Affidavit.
Then, it was our firms fault for his behavior and for lying to our firm and he wanted to blame us.  Our firm is not the one who lived his life and we will take no responsibility for his actions, his life, or his lies.

As to our firms billing practices, our firm's fees are reasonable and the work that we perform on behalf of each of our client's and which may be charged to their account, is necessary and per the fee agreement that each client, including Mr. Ahmed, enters into. Mr. Muhammad Arslan Ahmed signed a fee agreement and he read that agreement carefully.  He was also advised as to how our firm bills and how an hourly rate firm works, vs. a flat rate firm. He knew that our firm was not a flat rate firm and our fee agreement that he signed supports this. I can provide a copy of our fee agreement if anyone would like to see it.

Our firm, Goldstein & Scopellite, PC has an excellent reputation and an excellent success record and we have no grievances. We care about our clients.
Our rates at Goldstein & Scopellite, PC have been the same for over five years and all of our attorneys are of top quality and can charge double or triple what we charge, but we dont so that we can keep costs down and so that our clients can afford proper representation at a reasonable rate.  All of our clients are treated the same and they all get respect, even if they leave abusive and untruthful reports and reviews such as this one, which are primarily fee disagreements in not wanting to pay thier bill.

Next, as to our billing practices, Goldstein & Scopellite, PC is not a flat rate firm and Mr. Ahmed knew from the start and when he hired our firm that this was the case.  Mr. Ahmed was FULLY aware of our fee agreement and the way we bill and how charges would incur if he kept calling and emailing our firm. He was told many times to stop calling and emailing us and that he was being charged. He refused to stop. He knew that for each call or email he would be billed, as it took time out of our day to receive, read or listen and respond to each one of his calls or emails.

Mr. Muhammad Arslan Ahmed is simply upset because he had to pay our firm for work we performed and he now owes our firm over $3,000 that he has not paid.  He stated he is angry because he paid for a case that ended up back-firing on him as he did not expect his wife to respond (and for not being truthful).

To support my permission to post this rebuttal, I called Mr. Ahmed and confirmed with him the fact that he had left these negative reviews, which he confirmed that he did, and I advised him that the reviews were false and a lie and I requested that he remove the negative reviews himself or we would be posting the truth to each of his reviews. He stated, "I'm not removing the negative reviews and do what you want I don't care what you do."

And, since Mr. Ahmed has engaged in this dispute, and has posted these negtive reviews and informaion on a public domain, Mr. Ahmed has waived his attorney client privilege, which was not a good idea on his part.

In closing, it is disappointing that sites like this one, and including Google and Yahoo, allow persons like this one, to leave a false, untruthful, or misleading reports or reviews, and that there is no resolve other than to leave a rebuttal, if you can. This policy needs to change.  A company should be allowed to review the negative or positive rating or review first, and provide evidence to not have it posted on the internet if the review is false, misleading, untruthful or a lie, such as this one is.  Companys such as this one think it is free speech but it is only engaging in unfair business practices. I hope that the readers of this Report take the time to read my rebuttal and that they read the interesting file that is public record, and that they disregard this Report.  If they have any questions they can give our law firm a call. I also hope that this site removes this false negative review.
As the facts support, Mr. Muhammad Arslan Ahmed has lied and this Report needs to be removed in its entirety as it is libelous and simply far from the truth.

Sincerely,