Complaint Review: Goldstein and Associates

• Reported By: alias — Houston Texas
Goldstein and Associates
, Missouri USA

Goldstein and Associates threatening, rude scammers Missouri

I received a call from family telling me that a "private locator" was looking for me. I already knew this was fishy just based on that. I'm not hard to find. I'm a city employee. I called the given number (800) 952-6544 and got connected to a rude rep who would not entertain one simple request: written proof of such debt. He transferred me to an account manager who not only denied my request but told me "good luck in court" and hung up. I called back and again asked for proof. Again, no.

Later that day, after filing complaints with the FTC and Texas Attorney General, I called to get the address to send them a written request for proof. The rep said they are based out of Missouri and the other info would be in the "documents" when they are delivered. I was furious at this point. According to the FTC, I am entitled to 1)ask for the company's contact information, and 2) written proof of debt. I explained this to another rep and she said my proof will be in the "documents" that the "locator" will give to me.

She even went as far as to pretend she was talking to a judge in the background. These people are crooks. I have filed EVERY complaint that I could and will continue to do so until these people are put away. All I asked was for written proof. A legitimate debt collector would quickly comply with the request. Obviously they didn't have proof. After filing a report with the police department, I was assured that this IS a scam and that this IS not the first time this has happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldstein-and-Associates-/Missouri/Goldstein-and-Associates-threatening-rude-scammers-Missouri-1163897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldstein and Associates