Complaint Review: Goldwaves Salon

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, November 10, 2012

• Reported By:FORT WORTH Texas
Goldwaves Salon
5137 El Campo Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76107 Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Goldwaves Salon Front Desk Help RIGHT: Read This Before You Waste Your Time Ripoff Fort Worth Texas

*Consumer Comment: Very professional

*Consumer Comment: Have always had a great experience!

*Consumer Comment: Texas is an At Will State

My daughter applied for this job read on.

She was hired to be front desk and was told that she would have to come in for a try out bases for one day and if they liked the way she worked she would be hired. She was so excited about the job and how nice the people she was working for. Yeah that was not even close to the truth

Hired she was but no thanks to the two no class bosses of hers would after a week of working with my daughter they fired her. These bosses(Julie and Leslie) so called made my daughter drive all the way with gas prices the way they are to take her as soon as she walked in the door to the back to tell her she has no job any more and told her due to not being outgoing enough. What did them except she was there for a week and her employer did not even bring any thing to her attention to give her a chance to improve like coaches to player.

This company is not worth the time to spend money into. If they have no concern for people feeling how can we the community expects them to handle customers any better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2007 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goldwaves-Salon/Fort-Worth-Texas-76107/Goldwaves-Salon-Front-Desk-Help-RIGHT-Read-This-Before-You-Waste-Your-Time-Ripoff-Fort-Wo-270552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goldwaves Salon

Very professional

AUTHOR: Angie - (United States of America)

I have been to Goldwaves several times to purchase products and have never once seen any unprofessionalism from any member of the staff. I am wondering if daughter deals with situations the same way that mom does, I am not surprised she was asked to leave. Front desk at an upscale salon like Goldwaves has to be A++. Nothing less. Maybe daughter should get some experience in customer service and try again.

Have always had a great experience!

AUTHOR: Shellie - (U.S.A.)

Unlike the last poster, my experience with Goldwaves has always been positive. I was a client of Goldwaves for several years (the fabulous Hillary in particular) until I moved to the other side of the metroplex. Without fail, I always found the folks there warm, welcoming, and very professional. While I wouldn't presume to know what the last posters daughter experienced, I also would say that I'm not surprised that they hold everyone to a high standard. From a customer's point of view, it's an easy going, welcoming experience. However, thinking like a manager, I am confident that for customers to feel that way, it must be a different type of experience on the other side of the stylist's chair.

Anyway, I would HIGHLY recommend this salon to anyone, and I have. I absolutely loved coming here (and did faithfully about every 5 weeks for a couple of years) and wished that they would open a Goldwaves East Salon in my neck of the woods because every other salon I have been to pales in comparison in terms of friendly employees and welcoming attitudes!

Texas is an At Will State

AUTHOR: Texas Recruiter - (U.S.A.)

II have recruited in the state of Texas for a many years and would like to make an comment to this report. Two flags come up for me as a recruiter, one is that the Front Desk is one of the most CRUTIAL positions in a business, and second Texas is an at Will Employment State.

The front desk is the toughest position to hire for any business. This is the first person that anyone sees or hears and represents that business. This person should have a fantastic attitude all the times, be dressed appropriately every day and have excellent customer services skills.

After a good day on a front desk you are forgiven for many mistakes. It typically takes a few days to see if a person can handle the job. If a business owner doubts for a second that the front desk person they hired will not work or isn't a true asset, the best decision they can make is to replace this person. I applaud the owners for having the dignity to let her go in person, the cowardly thing to do would have been to call, email or, in cases as of late, to text message.

Texas is an AT WILL EMPLOYMENT STATE. At-will employment is a doctrine of American law that defines an employment relationship in which either party can terminate the relationship with no liability if there was no express contract for a definite term governing the employment relationship. Under this legal doctrine:

any hiring is presumed to be "at will"; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals "for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all," and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work.

While I feel for your daughter that she was fired because no one likes to be fired. These are what we call life experiences! I have to say that in my years of recruiting I have been well aware of the Baby Boomer Generation Parents being very involved in their children the "Y" generation in the process of getting a job but ..being very involved in the FIRING is a new one for me. WOW!