Complaint Review: Gone Fish'n Tackle Owner Glen McCombs

• Submitted: Sun, April 18, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:78657 Texas
Gone Fish'n Tackle Owner Glen McCombs
3267 Bee Caves Road Ste 107-185 Nationwide U.S.A.

Gone Fish'n Tackle Company Owner Glen McCombs Work at home Company based in AUSTIN Texas is RIPOFF DO NOT ORDER THEIR HOME ASSEMBLERS PROGRAM!!! AUSTIN TEXAS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NOT EVERYTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS

I want to warn everyone who is considering this work at home opportunity, It is a complete scam in my eyes. The company promises to hire you to tie their fishing flies and pay you .50 cents per fly you complete satisfactorily. It is quite easy to be deceived by this company, they have a working web address, as well as a physical address, and a phone number at which you can reach someone... so the company itself does exist, although I wonder how they manage.

The website makes it sound as if it is a great opportunity, well let me tell ya folks, it's not the bed of roses it appears to be, you pay them 44.95 for the kit containing the materials you will need to tie their flies + another 5.00 for priority shipping of the kit. The kit contains cheap equipment for you to try and do the job they ask of you.

Now for the catch.... remember I said they will pay you .50 cents per fly? they dont tell you until you order the kit, that THEY DO NOT REIMBURSE MATERIAL COSTS!! You must buy the materials from them here is an example they charge 50.00 for enough material to tie 144 flies they pay you .50 cents per fly 144 properly tied flies at .50 cents = 72.00 - 50.00 you had to pay them for the materials to make the flies, your profit before shipping is a mere 22.00!!!

Their website is very deceptive, it leads you to believe that you can make as much as a thousand dollars a month tying the flies for them, well folks I showed you the math! You would have to be bionic to make that kind of money tying flies for this company.

I have since sent the kit back, we shall see if they bother to return my investment. I doubt they will, the receptionist that answers the phone at GoneFishn tackle co. Is suddenly not so nice when you call her with a complaint, and tell her you are sending the materials back.

I must add their are decent work at home assembly jobs available, even though they are difficult to find, so if its something that you want to pursue, do so, just be very carefull

Wesley
78657, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2004 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gone-Fishn-Tackle-Owner-Glen-McCombs/nationwide/Gone-Fishn-Tackle-Company-Owner-Glen-McCombs-Work-at-home-Company-based-in-AUSTIN-Texas-i-88120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gone Fish'n Tackle Owner Glen McCombs

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NOT EVERYTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS

AUTHOR: Gone Fish'n Tackle Co. - (U.S.A.)

I understand your frustration; however our company has 100's of assemblers that have been making our flies for over 10 years and do find it profitable. We never make an assembler purchase the additional supplies and materials from us if they can get them cheaper elsewhere. We also encourage them to understand the concept of a 1099 contract employee. We are not taking taxes out of their checks and therefore at the end of the year when they are 1099'd by our company, any expense they have been out on supplies will help offset their income for tax purposes.