Complaint Review: Good Dog Rescue

• Submitted: Tue, September 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Jean — Dummerston Vermont United States of America
Good Dog Rescue

Good Dog Rescue Gooddogrescue.com Dog rescue group sending sick dogs to New England, Internet

*Author of original report: Good Dog Rescue's Write Up About their Golden Puppies

*Author of original report: August 19, 2014, MORE Golden Puppies on Good Dog Rescue's Website

*Author of original report: Cody Has Changed

*Author of original report: Cody and Tanner - Two Goldens on GDR's Website

*Consumer Comment: We love Good Dog Rescue

*Consumer Comment: Happy Adopter

*Author of original report: To Maine Mom - It Rains Golden Retriever Puppies in TN

*Author of original report: To VV - Endless Supply of Purebred Golden Retrievers from a Rescue Group.....What a Joke

*Consumer Comment: Why didn't you just give back the puppy?

*Author of original report: To Doggie Dad

*Author of original report: To Rescuing in Alabama

*Author of original report: Hey Don in NJ

*Consumer Comment: What!? Jean Letterio-Anderson killed the puppy!?

*Consumer Comment: IGNORING THE HATERS

*Author of original report: Chrissy, of course they bottle fed them...

*Consumer Comment: GDR paid Twinkie's $2400 vet bill

*Consumer Comment: MAJOR DISCONNECT

*Author of original report: Hey DizzyBlonde

*Consumer Comment: GDR raised the $$ to save the Thompson Farm Dogs

*Author of original report: To Don in New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: GDR is all about the dogs

*Author of original report: Give the Dog Back? I'm not Heartless

*Consumer Comment: What!? She killed the puppy!?

*Consumer Comment: JEAN LETTERIO-ANDERSON. WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST GIVE BACK THE PUPPY?

*Author of original report: Dorothy Lambert Spouts the Same Lies

*UPDATE Employee: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN 2011 WITH JEAN LETTERIO-ANDERSON

*Author of original report: Good Dog Rescue has MORE "AKC Golden Retriever Puppies"

*Author of original report: Save yourself heartache, do not adopt from Good Dog Rescue

*UPDATE Employee: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...

*Author of original report: More Congenital Health Issues

*General Comment: Think Again about 57 House...

*Consumer Comment: Please tell me Dorothy Lambert is fired

*General Comment: Jackson's Story

*Author of original report: GDR Supports Puppy Mill Breeders

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I concur, contact PetFinder

*General Comment: Jean, Contact Petfinders

*Author of original report: Endless Supply of "Purebred" Puppies

*General Comment: Yet Another $1350 Golden For "Adoption"

*Author of original report: Good Dog Rescue has another "purebred" Golden Retriever puppy for adoption.....are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!

*Author of original report: Hello Nancy...what are you thinking!

*Consumer Comment: REPUTABLE RESCUE

*Author of original report: Hi jztherapist

*General Comment: No Personal Dealing with GDR

*Author of original report: Response to jztherapist

*Author of original report: Good Dog Rescue - Promoting Puppy Mill Breeders

*General Comment: Response to Jean From Vermont

*Consumer Comment: GDR saved my dog Kate

*Author of original report: If Good Dog Rescue Sends you a Sick Puppy they Wash Their Hands

*Author of original report: Good Dog Rescue - Not About the Dogs

*Author of original report: $13000 not just for surgery

*Consumer Comment: You should be mad at the vet

*Consumer Comment: GDR saved starving puppies.

*General Comment: GDR is all about the dogs!

*Author of original report: good dog rescue.....puppy mill dogs

*UPDATE Employee: 4000+ satisfied adopters

*Author of original report: Good Dog Rescue is a scam

*UPDATE Employee: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

I adopted a puppy from Good Dog Rescue. This puppy came off the transport (10/29/2011) sick and shivering. Two vets diagnosed a heart murmur, which turned out to be patent ductus arteriosis (PDA) a hole in her heart.

I have paid thousands of dollars for her surgery. Good Dog Rescue wanted me to send her back on the transport so they could fix her, according to the vets, she would have died on the way back. Good Dog Rescue has NOT offered any help, nor will they even return any of the money I paid to adopt her.

Be careful signing their adoption contract, because if they send you a sick puppy/dog, it's all your responsibility, unless of course you want to send the dog back.

They also indicated that this dog was a purebred Golden Retriever. When we sent in the form to AKC, they sent us back a conditional registration indicating that a dog in her chain cannot be confirmed as a purebred.  Looking at Good Dog Rescues website ten or eleven months later, there were two Golden retriever puppies AGAIN, which leads me to believe that they are in a scam with a local puppy mill.  These people are NO rescue group.  They are in it for the money and should be put out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 03:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Dog-Rescue/internet/Good-Dog-Rescue-Gooddogrescuecom-Dog-rescue-group-sending-sick-dogs-to-New-England-Inter-936499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good Dog Rescue

Good Dog Rescue's Write Up About their Golden Puppies

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

Good Dog Rescue has the exact same write up for each and every Golden Retriever puppy they try to adopt out. Part of the write up states:

"He sleeps 6-7 hours in the crate at night,  Is very in tune with people, Plays sweetly with the young kids next door. "

Well, the Golden puppy I adopted from GDR, would panic when I tried to put her in the crate and would immediately pee and poop in it.  She was terrified of people and hated kids.  I guess their standard write up didn't apply to her, even though that's what it said.

I went through so much heartache with this sweet Golden girl, I just wish I could save others from the same heartache.

August 19, 2014, MORE Golden Puppies on Good Dog Rescue's Website

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

MORE "PUREBRED" GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPIES ON GOOD DOG RESCUE'S WEBSITE.  JUST INCREDIBLE!  Good Dog Rescue must be such an amazing rescue.  They save so many purebred Golden Retriever puppies every month.  This is the only "rescue" that I have ever seen do this.  I didn't realize there were so many homeless purebred Golden Retriever puppies in Tennessee.  It's just amazing.

Of course, if you want to pay them $1,450 for a Golden, where you can get a real purebred Golden from a reputable breeder for $1,500, spending the extra $50 will be much less in the long run, since the Golden's that come from GDR, at least mine, had all sorts of congenital issues.  My poor little Golden girl didn't even make three years of life because of all the congenital issues.  Save yourself the heartache, DO NOT ADOPT A GOLDEN FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!  Really think about it people, what other rescue do you know of that has Golden Retriever puppies every month..............NONE.  Think about where they are coming from.  Do you want to promote someone breeding unhealthy Golden's?

Cody Has Changed

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

WOW!  Cody, the Golden retriever puppy doesn't have a white dot under his nose anymore.  I wonder how that happened.  I guess the pictures are interchangable and the write up for the Golden's stays the same every time. It rains Golden Retriever puppies at Good Dog Rescue.  $1450 for a Golden from a rescue is ridiculous when you can get a healthy Golden from a reputable breeder for about $1500.

Cody and Tanner - Two Goldens on GDR's Website

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

I just noticed that the two Golden Retrievers on GDR's website right now (Cody and Tanner) both have the same white dot under their noses.  Is this a bait and switch thing?

We love Good Dog Rescue

AUTHOR: DeliaGirl - ()

Our lab lived to be 13 years old but she died of cancer a couple of years ago and we were devastated. Our children had grown up with her and she was a wonderful companion to our family all those years. We didn’t think we could ever love another dog but after a few months of grieving we realized it was time to welcome a new dog into our family.  We are an active, outdoorsy family and we wanted another lab. We watched Petfinder for a long time until one day we discovered Rumor at Good Dog Rescue and we knew she was the pup for us. Little Rumor had been abandoned at an Arkansas landfill but she was saved by GDR. Everything about our experience with GDR was awesome. Everyone very professional, from the adoption coordinator to the foster mom to the transport personnel. We are very happy adopters and we love Good Dog Rescue!

Happy Adopter

AUTHOR: MaineMom - ()

We adopted our purebred German Shepherd puppy earlier this year and we couldn’t be happier. During the adoption process I researched GDR on the internet reading everything I could find on their Facebook page and, yes, here on Ripoff as well. I feel sorry for Ms. Anderson and her puppy that had heart problems but I wasn’t deterred by her complaints because 3 years of constant complaining comes across as histrionics. On the other hand, I was won over by GDR’s facebook page which presents hundreds and hundreds of joyful testimonies going back to 2008.  My adoption experience with GDR was exemplary and I'm a very happy adopter.

To Maine Mom - It Rains Golden Retriever Puppies in TN

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

Yes, I guess I am being overly dramatic.  I think animal lovers do that when they come across a "rescue" group selling sick Golden Retriever puppies.  A "rescue" group who continues to have an endless supply of them.  It must rain Golden Retriever puppies in TN.  I don't think any of you GDR supporters will ever get it.  Where do they get them all Maine Mom?

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

First of all, I need to get something straight.  At NO time did GDR offer to refund my adoption fee.  This is another lie from Dorothy Lambert.  Even if that offer was made, I would have never sent her back because I loved her.  Do you people not understand that concept?

And, again, it is not about the money for me like it is for GDR, it's about the fact that GDR has an endless supply of purebred Golden Retriever puppies.  Where do you people think they are coming from?  The streets of TN?

There were actually 4 Golden puppies on their site recently, the female must have been adopted or got sick, because she is not on the site anymore.  But, there are three male Golden puppies just waiting for some unsuspecting and caring person like me to adopt them for $1450.  That is outrageous coming from a "rescue". You could go to a reputable Golden Retriever breeder for that money.

Obviously I need to say it again.  Rescue groups DO NOT have an endless supply of purebred Goldens. Although, they really are not purebred according to AKC.

Why didn't you just give back the puppy?

AUTHOR: V.V. - ()

I have to agree with New York Steve. Why didn’t you just give back the puppy and get a refund of your adoption fee when you discovered the puppy needed expensive surgery?  It was your own choice to spend “thousands of dollars” on vet bills, nobody forced you to do it. You could have returned the puppy and got a full refund. So I don’t understand why you are blaming this group for the choice that you made.

To Doggie Dad

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

How many rescue groups do you know of that has an endless supply of purebred Golden Retriever puppies?  GDR is the only one I know of.  They are taking puppy mill dogs and adopting them out at $1450 each to unsuspecting people like me, and the dogs have congenital issues and cannot be registered with AKC, even though GDR said they could.

To Rescuing in Alabama

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

Again, someone who doesn't mention that GDR has an endless supply of purebred Golden Retriever puppies.  So if you are rescuing in Alabama, how many purbred Golden Retriever puppies do you have?  Get a grip.  Yes I do hate GDR for promoting Southern puppy mills.

Hey Don in NJ

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

Why don't you stick your head in the sand a little further.  Are you completely oblivious to the fact that legitimate rescue groups don't have an endless supply of purebred Golden Retrievers.  You are a moron.  I had to put a sweet Golden girl down because of these people, the recommendation of the vet treating her, and the horrible congenital issues she had.  GDR sells puppy mill Golden Retrievers.  Keep listening to Dorothy Lambert, she will tell you more lies.  I asked for help with the heart surgery, GDR said no.  Then I asked for a refund of my adoption fee, GDR said no.  Then I asked for $500 back, because I could not register her with AKC as GDR indicating.  So go stick your head further in the sand moron.

What!? Jean Letterio-Anderson killed the puppy!?

AUTHOR: Don in NJ - ()

Jean Letterio-Anderson should be put on the DO NOT ADOPT LIST to warn rescue groups to steer clear. I’ve read all her Ripoff posts and it’s obvious she’s unstable and a menace and out of touch with reality...

• her assumption that anyone who writes in support of the group is “working for GDR” is stupid
  • her unreasonable expectation that GDR should let her keep the dog plus give her a full refund plus pay for the dog’s heart surgery is ridiculous
  • her 3 year internet effort to smear this hardworking, ethical group of volunteers is terrible
  • and her ultimate act of having the dog killed is despicable.

From Don in New Jersey, a satisfied GDR Adopter

IGNORING THE HATERS

AUTHOR: Rescuing in Alabama - ()

I run the only humane society/shelter in our rural county in Alabama and am proud be associated with Good Dog Rescue. We operate on a shoestring and very few people in our community are willing to adopt our dogs, but Good Dog Rescue has been a godsend, partnering with us to find homes up north for many of our dogs… dogs that otherwise had no hope.

In rescue, we do the best we can to identify and correct health issues prior to adoption, but despite our best efforts, illnesses sometime surface down the road, as in the case of little Brandi.  I know for a fact that GDR would never have knowingly adopted out a puppy with a heart problem. GDR was assured by several veterinarians that Brandi was healthy, and GDR had no way of knowing any different. When Ms. Anderson’s vet finally diagnosed Brandi’s heart problem, GDR offered to take Brandi back and refund her adoption fee but Ms. Anderson declined this offer.

Those of us in rescue for a long time have come across our share of adopters with unreasonable expectations who didn’t get what they wanted and went on a tirade to vent their anger. I call them The Haters. When you’ve rescued and adopted 5,000 dogs over the years like GDR has done, then you’re bound to cross paths with a few Haters along the way. And I surmise we’re only one of many targets of The Hater because that’s just how The Hater deals with life. But those of us who rescue dogs have the innate ability to overcome adversity and stay focused on the big picture, the mission of saving dogs. We just keep on keeping on, saving the dogs. That’s what’s important and that’s what we do.

Chrissy, of course they bottle fed them...

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

then they can get lots of money for them.  I did not see anywhere in your comment where you mention why a "rescue" has so many purebred Golden Retriever puppies.  As far as it being three years ago, yes, I adopted her three years ago, and have gone through three years of heartache with her.  I loved her very much and I am angry that I had to put her down because GDR gets Golden Retriever puppies from a puppy mill and they come from there with so many congenital issues.

GDR paid Twinkie's $2400 vet bill

AUTHOR: Doggiedad - Glenwood - ()

Several years ago I adopted my senior poodle mix Twinkie from Good Dog Rescue. Twinkie was about 8 years old at the time and had been cured from multiple health issues including heartworms, mange, surgery for ACL both back legs and surgery to remove many rotted and abscessed teeth. When Twinkie arrived in NJ, I was very surprised to see from his vet records that his southern vet bill exceeded $2400! The adoption fee I paid was $575 which nowhere near covered all Twinkie’s medical care. This little Twinkie turned out to be the best dog I've ever had, and I think it's wonderful that Good Dog Rescue takes in the dogs that REALLY need to be rescued (regardless of the cost) and not just the young healthy dogs. So when this woman says GDR is just in it for the money, I say…. SERIOUSLY?

MAJOR DISCONNECT

AUTHOR: Chrisy - South Hadley - ()

I saw on FB this woman is still writing on Ripoff after 3 years and so I want to share the very positive experience I had with GDR.  Ever since I adopted my puppy Gertie back in 2010, I’ve been a loyal GDR supporter.  Gertie and her littermates had been dumped at the southern shelter after their Momma Dog was killed.  GDR rescued the puppies from the shelter and put them into a foster home where they were bottle-fed for weeks until they were old enough to eat.   All the puppies thrived in their foster home and were eventually adopted and I’m so thankful GDR saved my pup Gertie.

My story is among the thousands of Happy Stories that GDR adopters have posted on the GDR Facebook page over the years. So there’s a MAJOR DISCONNECT between Jean Letterio-Anderson’s assertion that GDR doesn’t care about dogs and the reality I witnessed and that’s evident every day on FB.

Hey DizzyBlonde

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

Work for Dorothy?  I didn't see you mention anything about the so called purbred Golden Retriever puppies they have all the time.  I no NO other rescue that has a continuing supply of what they consider purebred Golden Retriever puppies.  Have any answers for that?

GDR raised the $$ to save the Thompson Farm Dogs

AUTHOR: Elizabeth Dogs - ()

In rural east TN we run a small rescue group. With very few resources we try to save the poor dogs that are discarded every day in our county but it’s a neverending challenge. Luckily, we became associated with Good Dog Rescue last year and now many of our rescued dogs are finding wonderful forever families up north through Good Dog Rescue.

In January, it came to our attention there were 16 freezing, starving dogs at the old Thompson Farm that were in urgent need of rescue. Good Dog Rescue stepped in to save the day for these poor dogs, coordinating an online fundraiser and raising almost $3,000 within a couple of days.  This gave us time to evaluate the dogs' health and temperament and then GDR helped us transfer some of the dogs to other rescue groups, leaving us with a manageable group of 8 dogs, most of whom have now found forever homes in New England.

I know for a fact that the outcome would have been much different for the Thompson Farm Dogs if Good Dog Rescue hadn’t stepped in. This adopter is just plain wrong when she says that GDR doesn’t care about dogs and is all about the money. She’s just plain wrong.

To Don in New Jersey

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

Is there something wrong with you?  Do you work for GDR?  I didn't kill the puppy.  I had her euthanized because the vet recommended it was the best thing to do because she was so sick.    Yes, three years later I am still posting about GDR, because they need to be put out of business and not be allowed to continue to adopt out sick Golden Retrievers.   I am not a nutcase, just a caring dog owner.  Maybe you are the nutcase?

GDR is all about the dogs

AUTHOR: DizzyBlondTexan - ()

Good Dog Rescue is well respected in this community because they are one of the most hardworking rescue groups around.  I live out in the country in Arkansas on a state highway where people abandon their dogs and cats all the time. It’s awful, but thank heavens for GDR because they’ve taken in every single one of these dogs when I’ve asked them over the years. These dogs are mostly sick or injured, many of them old. But GDR takes them regardless and gets them well and finds good homes for them up north. I’m sure the vet bills are substantial but GDR does it anyway. GDR really cares about the dogs, in fact, GDR IS ALL ABOUT THE DOGS.

Give the Dog Back? I'm not Heartless

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

It is not about the money for me, it was about having a wonderful dog.  She was a wonderful dog, even though she had all these congenital issues from puppy mill breeding.

Not sure where you are coming from, but none of this was my fault.  Maybe you should rethink your comment

This "rescue" is supporting a puppy mill.  How many rescues do you know of that always has Golden Retriever puppies?  All of this was the fault of a bunch of greedy people who adopt out sick dogs.

What!? She killed the puppy!?

AUTHOR: Don in NJ - ()

WHAT!?  SHE KILLED THE PUPPY!?  I’ve been reading her posts and Jean Letterio-Anderson sounds like a real nutcase to me because

- she refused GDR’s offer to take back the puppy and get a refund of her adoption fee

- she expected GDR to let her keep the puppy, refund her adoption fee, and pay for the heart surgery

- she blames GDR for the puppy’s illness

- she’s ranting about it 3 years later

- she finally had the puppy killed!

JEAN LETTERIO-ANDERSON. WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST GIVE BACK THE PUPPY?

AUTHOR: New York Steve - ()

Why in the world didn’t you just give back the puppy 3 years ago and get your refund?  If you’ve been out a lot of money on account of the dog’s health issues it’s your own fault.

Dorothy Lambert Spouts the Same Lies

Dorothy, what really happened:

1.  Yes, I adopted Kismet (her real name Dorothy) and according to your vets, she had no heart abnormalities and no PDA.  Guess you have some great vets working for you.  Because when she got here, two vets noticed it.

2.  Why would I have taken her to a vet cardiologist if, as you say, my vets didn't find a heart abnormality?  Why don't you file a rebuttal that makes sense.

3.  Yes, I did sign your adoption contract, and I did do everything I could for Kismet.  I was also told she was AKC and you charged me extra money for that.  AKC would not register her because a dog in her bloodline could not be confirmed as purbred Golden.  I assume the two Golden puppies you have now are from the same puppy mill, will not be AKC, and will probably have congenital issues.  How sad that you people continue to make money from sick puppies.

4.  Oh yes, you offered to take her back.  You wanted me to put her on a transport from New Hampshire back to Tennessee, even though the vets here said that would surely kill her.  She needed the heart surgery immediately because she was failing.  And of course, more lies, I never asked for a full refund, what I asked was for either help with the surgery or refund of the money I paid to adopt her.  You refused both.  So tell me again, that you all are not in it for the money.  The next thing I asked for was the extra money I paid you because you said she was AKC, which was not the case.  You wouldn't even return that.

"IF ONLY I HAD GIVEN HER BACK TO YOU"  Are you for real?  Knowing now your practices to make money, I figure If I had sent her back (which I would never have done) you would have either tried to pawn her off on some other unsuspecting kind person to make more money or you would have killed her.  Don't you even turn this around and make me the bad guy for putting Kismet down, I did everything I could for her.  What else did you want me to do Dorothy, put her through more surgery and hospitalizations for pnemonia, megaesophagus, low white blood count, a large mass in her chest, some more congenital issues.

I feel so sorry for those poor Golden puppies on your website and the people who fall for your lies about them.

There is a place for people like you......

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN 2011 WITH JEAN LETTERIO-ANDERSON

AUTHOR: DLambert - ()

What really happened in 2011 with Jean Letterio-Anderson:

1    Jean Letterio-Anderson adopted Brandi from GDR in 2011. Prior to adoption, Brandi was seen by 3 different Memphis veterinarians with no abnormalities noted and no findings of PDA.
2    Anderson took Brandi to her vet a week after her arrival in Vermont for a respiratory infection but no finding of PDA was made by Anderson's vet.  It wasn’t until mid November when Anderson took Brandi to a veterinary cardiologist that the diagnosis of PDA was made.
3    Anderson signed an adoption agreement which states: Adopter accepts this dog as is with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon signing of this contract.
4    Despite this, GDR offered to take Brandi back and give a full refund to Anderson, but instead she wanted to keep the puppy AND get a full refund AND have GDR pay for the surgery.

Anderson refused GDR's offer to take back Brandi and get her adoption fee returned, instead making the unreasonable demand 1) to keep the puppy 2) receive a full refund 3) and have GDR pay for the surgery. I'm sorry to learn that Anderson euthanized Brandi. If only she had given her back to us in 2011. Dorothy L., Administrator  Enfield CT

Good Dog Rescue has MORE "AKC Golden Retriever Puppies"

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

I just cannot believe that Good Dog Rescue continually has "AKC Golden Retriever Puppies".  There is no other rescue group I know of that usually has a purebred male and female Golden puppy at the same time.  In fact, I don't know of any other reescue group that ever has purebred Golden puppies.  Please, please do not adopt a Golden puppy from them, you are just promoting some puppy mill and could end up with a very sick puppy, like I did.

I know first hand the heartache of adopting a Golden puppy from Good Dog Rescue.  Yes, I fell for it.  The whole "surrendered from the owner in rural Tennessee", blah blah blah.  When I got my beautiful girl, she needed heart surgery almost immediately, which we did to the tune of over $5,000.  Good Dog Rescue washed their hands of her and us, no matter what Dorothy from Good Dog Rescue has said in other posts, they did nothing to help us and they could have cared less about the puppy.  Good Dog Rescue also charged us an extra $500 because she was supposedly AKC registerable.  Well, not according to AKC when we sent her paperwork in.

And Dorothy, since you have been so hung up on not knowing her name, her name was Kismet.  Yes, I said WAS, because she had to be put down.  Yes, PUT DOWN at not even 3 years old.  Because not only did this baby have a congenital heart defect, she also had a congenital issue called megaesophogus, an issue with her white blood cells, and a large mass in her chest. You people are in it for the money, you didn't care at all about this puppy, you are getting them from some puppy mill, and they have severe congenital issues.  How heartless can you be.  My sweet sweet Kismet didn't even make 3 years of life.  You people should be put out of business and be so ashamed of yourselves.

Save yourself heartache, do not adopt from Good Dog Rescue

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

OH NO DOROTHY, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED:  I don't know why it amazes me so much that this "rescue" group continues to lie about everything.  I was NEVER offered the return of any money, I was told to put a sick puppy back on the transport and send her back to the "rescue" group.  Hmmm, wonder what they would have done with her when they got her back.  Maybe try to adopt her out to some other unsuspecting good hearted person....or perhaps something worse.  And Dorothy, enough with the crap about me not mentioning her name.  Do you think I want any of you scammers to know her name or to know anything about her.  I don't care if she is AKC or not, but I do care that your "rescue" group scammed me out of an extra $500 because YOU said she was AKC.  When I told you AKC would not register her you would not give me back the extra $500 I paid.  So, now tell me you people are not in it for the money!!!!!  You are a joke, your "rescue" is a joke, you could care less about these poor defensless animals as long as you keep seeing the $$$$$$$  And yes, I am angry.  I am angry that there are people like you and your other "rescue" people that don't care about these dogs or the adopters you hurt in the process.  And, another lie you told in your rebuttal.....she was diagnosed with a heart murmur when she first went to the vet here, not after many vet visits as you say.  So what kind of shady vets do you use there? Nice that you finally admitted that she came from a "breeder", why don't you just put "puppy mill" in front of that. You have a great "rescue" group going on down there if you willingly supporting a puppy mill breeder.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...

AUTHOR: Dorothy - ()

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED... First of all, and most importantly, I'm very disheartened to read nowhere in Jean Anderson’s complaint any semblance of love or affection for the little puppy Brandi that we sent her in October 2011. I cannot believe in her entire complaint she didn’t even say her name once, only referring to her again and again as this dog. Secondly, GDR offered to take back the puppy and give Jean Anderson a full refund but she refused. Thirdly, 1 Prior to adoption, Brandi was seen by 3 different Memphis vets on 3 different occasions with no abnormalities noted and no findings of PDA. 2 Jean Anderson took Brandi to her vet a week after her arrival in Vermont for a respiratory infection but no finding of PDA was made at that time; her own vet didn’t detect a cardiac abnormality either. It wasn't until several weeks later when Brandi was taken to a specialist (veterinary cardiologist) that the diagnosis of PDA was made. 3 Jean Anderson signed an adoption agreement which states: Adopter accepts this dog as is with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon signing of this contract. 4 Nevertheless, GDR offered to take Brandi back and put her in a New England foster home and give a full refund to Jean Anderson, but instead she wanted to keep the puppy AND get a full refund AND have GDR pay for the surgery. 5 What about the AKC registration? Brandi is a rescue dog who was surrendered to us by the breeder and then adopted by us to Jean Anderson. The breeder represented Brandi as a purebred golden retriever, she looks just like a purebred golden retriever, and she came with purebred golden retriever AKC registration papers. It's sad and very telling that Jean Anderson is hung up on a possible technicality in the puppys ancestry. Jean Anderson refused GDR's offer to take back Brandi and put her in a New England foster home, instead making the unreasonable demand to keep the puppy AND receive a full refund AND have GDR pay for the surgery. I'm sorry that Jean Anderson is so bitter 2 ½ years later and really hope she hasn’t taken it out on Brandi.

More Congenital Health Issues

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

This poor baby that I adopted from the supposed "rescue group" Good Dog Rescue, now has other congenital health issues.  So the sick puppy they pawned off on me indicating that she was a purebred Golden Retriever, not only could not be registered with AKC as Good Dog Rescue indicated, but she now has other serious congenital issues.  They sent her to me knowing she needed heart surgery.  How do these people sleep at night.  Maybe all the adoption fee money running through their heads.  A real rescue group does not have an endless supply of supposed purebred puppies and if they do, then they are getting them from Southern puppy mills.  Please save yourself the heartache and do NOT adopt what this fake rescue group considers a purebred puppy.

#31 General Comment

Think Again about 57 House...

AUTHOR: Zamer1230 - ()

I'm not sure how you quoted 57 House but if you check out some of the complaints posted here... Mainly mine... And we're to see how pathetic my poor Sofi is, you may have a better feel for he hat scams are really going on with many of these rescue groups. The positives positive notes about having my Sofi is knowing that she is no longer where she was, she wound up in a loving, caring home, and she' s slowly learning how to trust. My Sofi was a 4 ( FOUR ) WEEK old puppy... That was sent from Tennessee, completely weaned and eating solid, dry food... Ravenous and food aggressive to people. She bit me, she bit me 4 year old and the idea of going near her while she was eating was quite scary...at 4 weeks old. Despite that Sofi was everything a puppy should be... Just incredibly small for the 8 WEEKS that I was told she was. She had German Shepherd markings, didn't quite resemble a Labrador....????... But ok... She's here. As she grew I noticed strange tendencies for a puppy... Adult shelter dog qualities but she was so young. She was skittish, hand shy, anxious, FORGET ABOUT PUTTING HER IN A CRATE or an enclosed space. She had a urinary tract infection, unknown skin disorder that we are yet to figure out, allergies... I've spent thousands in vet bills beyond the normal numbers... And my vet thinks she should be on Prozac for a high anxiety. At 6 months old my vet realized that there was no way she was 6 months and had to be younger... That was how we calculated that she was sent earlier than she should've. Nothing made sense...to end my story I found this website and read other people similar claims... Then went to their website... There is none. So much for 57 House. At least my Sofi has a good home, as well as any of the other well wishers who "rescued" blindly from there. I emailed someone from Petfinders and received no response regarding this.

Please tell me Dorothy Lambert is fired

AUTHOR: DawgMom - ()

IMHO, Dorothy Lambert has no place in animal rescue.  Too many emotionally labile people running amok in the name of saving pets.

#33 General Comment

Jackson's Story

AUTHOR: jztherapist - (United States of America)

Dear Dawg Mom, Jean and anyone else interested in how  an ethical rescue works (House 57 All Breed Rescue):  Jackson's story is posted at www.petfinder.com/adoption . Go to Happy Tails and the story of the fluffy purebred puppy I got from this Tennesse rescue  and the wonderful dog he has become.

It is testimony that truly ethical organizations do not attempt to inflate fees to breeder prices.  While it is true that purebred puppies are few and far between (to the best of my knowledge, 57 House Rescue has never had a similar adoption), they are out there if one is patient and looks hard enough.

To GDR's defenders: No one takes away from whatever good work this group does.  However, the never-ending supply of purebred puppies at breeder fees, the interchanging of names for similar puppies over different periods of time, the boiler-plate stories that seem never to change and the manipulative videos that are designed to tug at  the heartstrings of kind souls who believe that they are rescuing these cute little souls raise serious questions of where exactly these puppies are coming from.

GDR Supports Puppy Mill Breeders

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

JZ and Dawg Mom,  Thank you so much for your advice, comments, and support.  I have contacted petfinder and hopefully will hear back from them.

#35 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I concur, contact PetFinder

AUTHOR: DawgMom - (USA)

As a former foster for this Memphis group, my whistleblower views earned me my very own ripoff report.  Mike and Margo appear to have a lapdog in Enfield, CT (Dorothy Lambert) for such things and a Facebook "gang" to legitimize such efforts.  I began having doubts about Margo when she kept renaming my foster dogs online while they were still in my care (I kept wondering why, and it was damned confusing sometimes).  She would also post misleading information about them - never asked me for updates, just seemed to copy and paste what she thought would attract people.  Alarm bells really went off when she completely shut down an adoption for one of my fosters when the adopter (up North) became impatient because my pup had failed two important health screenings in a row for travel (related to intestinal parasites) and needed treatment.  I could certainly understand the woman's frustration and disappointment, but Margo couldn't seem to grasp it.  Instead of consoling the woman, Margo got angry and apparently lost it and halted the adoption.  I was sad about that because I felt so good about that adoption.  I had spoken with the woman several times and just felt so good about where my pup was headed.  I've dealt with other local rescue people in Memphis since my experience with GDR, and have encountered several who do not hold this group in high regard.  When I "earned" my ripoff report, complete with lies about me, one very wise and savvy local animal rescuer reminded me that I AM a great dog mom.  She also noted this kind of spiteful nonsense is not unusual.  Her kind words allowed me to put it in perspective, and my friends and family have kept the vote count in check on my ripoff report. :)

All that said (whew), I concur with JZ that you might want to pursue this.  Just wanted to add words of support.

Deb

#36 General Comment

Jean, Contact Petfinders

Jean,

Petfinders is looking into GDR, which appears to have shifted its Northern connection from Connecticut to Massachussets.  The contact person is Kristen, e-mail address: pets@petfinders.com.  Good luck with your Golden girl.  My GSD Jackson is now 10 months, large, dark and sweet as sugar.  He was just neutered and is a testament to everything a German Shepherd should be and to ethical rescue groups which offer purebreds.

For the record, the Tennessee group from which he came has never had another purebred puppy available.  The only reason I got Jackson is that I was fortunate enough to look at Petfinders at the same time as his breeder had turned in the entire litter to a shelter because of illness in her family.  Despite what GDR's defenders say, purebred puppies are rarely available anywhere in the country.  That, alone should raise red flags about GDR's interchangeable ads for Cody, Dakota, et.

Endless Supply of "Purebred" Puppies

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

Yes, there is another "purebred" Golden Retriever puppy on Good Dog Rescue's Website.  I find it amazing that a "rescue" group has so many "purebred" puppies.  I was one of the unfortunate people who adopted a "purebred" Golden Retriever puppy from Good Dog Rescue.  If you are really interested in a purebred Golden, this is NOT the place to adopt one from.  My "purebred" Golden according to AKC is NOT a purebred and in fact AKC did an investigation or attempted to do an investigation on the puppy mill where Good Dog Rescue is getting these puppies.  Please do not support these people, as I have said before, they are in it for the money.

We love the puppy we adopted from Good Dog Rescue, but she has a lifelong thyroid problem, needed heart surgery when we got her from Good Dog Rescue, which we did to the tune of thousands and thousands of dollars, and she is now about a year and a half and at full grown she is 45 pounds........too small for a Golden.  Of course when a so-called "rescue" group spays the dogs when they are only weeks old, what can you expect.

I know I am going to hear from those of you that were lucky with your adoptions and I am glad for you.  I am one of the ones that was not lucky.  I am lucky she came to us and we were able to help her, because God knows what GDR would have done if they were stuck with her.  They just dumped her on us and that was the end........never helped us to make her well, never refunded the extra money we paid for an AKC dog.  They washed their hands of our sweet sweet Golden and us.  Some "rescue" group.

#38 General Comment

Yet Another $1350 Golden For "Adoption"

AUTHOR: jztherapist - (United States of America)

Just noticed that Good Dog Rescue has "Cody," another $1350.00 Golden Retriever puppy for "adoption."What is with these people?  Pity the poor, gullible souls who believe that they are saving a dog from euthanasia when it's virtually certain that these "rescues" come from either a breeder or a puppy mill.

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

11/3/2012 - Amazing, I just looked at Good Dog Rescue's website and they have yet ANOTHER "purebred" Golden Retriever puppy.  Come on people, what rescue group do you know of that has an unlimited supply of "purebred" puppies.  Good Dog Rescue has to be in business with Southern puppy mill breeders.  If you intend to adopt from them, please be careful.  Once you have the dog, they will not help you if the dog is sick, they also will transport a sick dog to you (which is what happened to me).  Sure, you can send the dog back to them, but they know the chances of that happening are slim because it would be such a heartbreak.  I have two other rescue dogs that were adopted from reputable New England rescue groups.....that's where I will adopt from the next time.  NEVER will I ever adopt from a Southern rescue......especially GOOD DOG RESCUE (gooddogrescue.com).

Hello Nancy...what are you thinking!

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

if you had bothered to read my earlier posta, we only asked for our adoption fee back...so yes Good Dog Rescue is in it for the money.

HELLO? There is no way any reputable rescue group would have so many purebred puppies...i dont care where they are located.

Just because you were lucky enough not to have a bad experience, some of ua were not that lucky.

REPUTABLE RESCUE

AUTHOR: Nancy - (United States of America)

Im a very happy GDR adopter and eagerly coming to their defense. I adopted my first dog from GDR in 2006, and when she died of cancer last year I adopted my second dog from GDR, a young shepherd mix named Callie.

When a rescue group is in it for the money, they dont fly a southern volunteer to Pennsylvania to help search for a newly adopted dog that ran away. When a rescue group is in it for the money, they dont pull a litter of parvo puppies out of a kill shelter to spend thousands of dollars to try to save them. When a rescue group is in it for the money, they dont spend more than $3000 to save a poor injured spaniel named Artie, the namesake for Arties Fund.

If Good Dog Rescue was in it for the money, they wouldnt have offered to take back your puppy and refund your adoption fee. You are completely unreasonable in expecting that GDR allow you to keep the puppy and refund your adoption fee and pay for the surgery.

You say you have never witnessed any purebred puppies in our northern rescue groups. HELLO?  Of course, we have no puppies in rescue or shelters up here or else we wouldnt need to get them from down south. You are completely out of touch with the southern shelter situation which is out of control because there are no mandatory spay and neuter laws in the south.  Did you know that more than 11,000 dogs were euthanized at the Memphis Animal Shelter last year?  And you dont think any purebreds were among them?

I think its shameful that one of you is making such unreasonable demands about expecting thousands of dollars from GDR and that the other one says shes had no personal dealings with GDR but is happy to contaminate the internet with her uneducated opinion about rescue in the south. For more than 6 years Ive been a loyal follower and supporter of Good Dog Rescue and a witness to the fact that they ARE all about the dogs and ARE NOT about the money AT ALL.

Hi jztherapist

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

I apologize for thinking that you were a victim of Good Dog Rescue and I'm very happy to know that you adopted a wonderful dog from a reputable rescue group.

I agree with you, the number of purebred dogs that Good Dog Rescue has for adoption is absurd.  I have never seen a rescue that has purebreds all the time.  Leads me to believe they are in business with Southern puppy mills and are only in it for the money....so very sad.

#43 General Comment

No Personal Dealing with GDR

Dear Jean,

For the record:  I have never had any personal dealings with GDR.  Back when I was looking for a purebred German Shepherd puppy, I saw some nice puppies from this organization on Petfinders, but was astounded at the $1350. adoption fee and never put in an application.  The puppy I eventually rescued last April was purebred and adopted from a rescue group called 57 House Rescue, also based in Tennessee. His adoption fee was $400., including the transport, and he came off the transport happy, healthy and loving, which he remains to this day as a 5-month old. Although he was vaccinated and wormed, he had not been neutered, as he was too young.  I agree with you that it is not a good idea to neuter a dog at too young an age.

The reason for my interest in GDR emanates from my involvement with many rescue groups here up North, none of which has ever had such a ready supply of purebred puppies or charged the kinds of adoption fees charged by this group.  Again, it calls into question where these puppies are coming from and where the proceeds of these high fees are going.

Response to jztherapist

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

Thank you for your support and kind words.  Brandi has issues from all that she has been through, but she is a wonderful, sweet dog, and yes, we love her very much.  I am sorry that you also had a bad experience with Good Dog Rescue.

Good Dog Rescue is promoting puppy mill breeders for profit.  I have never dealt with a rescue group like them and my other two dogs are rescues.  They are in it for the money only.

I noticed that someone here posted about bait and switch, I'm starting to wonder if that happened to me.  Brandi looked nothing like her pictures and videos when we got her off the transport.

There are so many local rescue groups in New England doing good work and I will adopt from them next time.

Anyone reading this, please do not adopt from Good Dog Rescue.

Good Dog Rescue - Promoting Puppy Mill Breeders

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

To AquariusTwo.  I'm very glad they helped your dog.  They washed their hands of mine......she was very sick.

I do not want to see any reputable rescue group shut down, but Good Dog Rescue is NOT reputable. They obviously do business with puppy mills.  What rescue group that you know of has purebred Golden Retriever and German Shepard puppies All THE TIME.

Please do not adopt from them, you are promoting puppy mill breeders!

#46 General Comment

Response to Jean From Vermont

AUTHOR: jztherapist - (United States of America)

Brandi is lucky she came into your life.  You clearly love her, were willing to pay an exorbitant adoption fee for her and invested time, money and emotion in dealing with her health situation.  I hope that she is doing well.

Good Dog Rescue attempts to impugn the reputations of anyone questioning their ethics.  When I questioned their adoption fee for purebreds and the fact that there seemed to be a steady supply of German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers, they apparently implied on their Facebook Page that I was a breeder who was jealous of their fees.  Nohing could be further from the truth.  My four cats and two German Shepherds are rescues ; however, there were numerous nasty comments on Rip Off questioning my motives.

My motive for singling out Good Dog Rescue is this:  I have NEVER seen a purebred with a rescue fee in excess of $1000.00 advertised anywhere and I belong to several groups here on Long Island, as well as to the ASPCA. Moreover, I know that people who rescue dogs are a tender-hearted bunch and are easily manipulated into paying whatever the group is asking if they believe  that they are saving a puppy from euthanasia.

Four of my six rescues are purebreds: two Siamese cats and two German Shepherds, one of whom just turned 11.  I would gladly have paid more than the $400.00 (including the transport) for the wonderful little purebred Shepherd boy I got from a Tennessee rescue group this past April.  You can see photos of him posted on the Ripoff Website.

As I said earlier, Brandi is lucky to be in your care.  At the very least, you should have gotten back your adoption fee, it would have been the ethical thing to do. And for those who rush to GDR's defense: they may do some good work; however, that does not eliminate the question of just where these purebreds are coming from and where the proceeds of their high fees are going.

GDR saved my dog Kate

AUTHOR: AquariusTwo - (United States of America)

Im very sorry to hear about your puppys health problems and the expense it cost you. I can understand it would be very upsetting. But I dont think its good for you to try to discourage other people from adopting dogs from Good Dog Rescue.

In August 2000, we adopted a 7 year old black lab mix named Kate from Good Dog Rescue. They had rescued her from the shelter just before she was scheduled to be euthanized. She had been hit by a car and had a broken leg and the rescue group got her out of the shelter and got her leg surgery done and found her a good home with us up here in Massachusetts.

Now I dont think its just every rescue group who would have taken in a senior dog with a broken leg. The vet expenses would have been a big obstacle for many rescue groups as would the placement issues due to her being a senior dog. But Im so glad Good Dog did save Kate because otherwise I dont think she would have made it out of the shelter. She has a very happy life now and we cant imagine our family without her.

I cant believe that youd really wish for many homeless dogs to lose their second chance at life on account of you. It doesnt sound like Good Dog Rescue sent you a sick puppy on purpose. I know you said the puppy was shivering when she arrived, but thats not their fault. And its not their fault that four vets (including yours) didnt diagnose her heart problem. Nor is it their fault that you decided to keep her and spend many thousands on her surgery instead of giving her back and getting a refund.

Im just saying that, yes, you had a terrible time with your puppys heart problem but it doesnt sound like it can be blamed on Good Dog Rescue, and it doesnt make sense for you to try to prevent other dogs from being saved from death and being adopted because of this.

If Good Dog Rescue Sends you a Sick Puppy they Wash Their Hands

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

I'm so glad you ended up with a healthy dog.  We were not so fortunate.

I am not vilifying Good Dog Rescue, I am telling the truth.  Good Dog Rescue washed their hands of Brandi once we had her, I believe they knew she was sick BEFORE they put her on the transport.  I also believe that she is from a puppy mill that Good Dog Rescue is in business with.  Not only did she have a hole in her heart, pneumonia, and fleas, but she has a thyroid condition for which she is on medication for the remainder of her life.  They also spayed her when she was only a few weeks old, maybe that's why she's very small for a Golden retriever or Golden retriever mix (Good Dog Rescue wanted another $500 for her adoption because we should have been able to register her with AKC. not the case according to AKC).

I am also tired of all their lies, they never told us they would house her in a New England rescue, they told us to send her back on the transport (2 1/2 days).  The vets here said she would surely die on the way back.  When we told Good Dog Rescue that, they could care less.  They also said she was AKC, charged us more money because of that, and when AKC would not register her, Good Dog Rescue wouldn't even give us the $500 back.  NOW YOU TELL ME THEY ARE NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

PLEASE DO NOT ADOPT FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE NO RESCUE GROUP!  Adopt locally.  I know I will from now on.

Good Dog Rescue - Not About the Dogs

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

If Good Dog Rescue is ALL ABOUT THE DOGS, then what happened with Brandi?  As soon as GDR found out Brandi was ill, they washed her hands of her.  I guess that's because they already got their money, and their extra money for trying to pass her off as AKC.  She was transported to New England with pneumonia, fleas, and a hole in her heart.

Please do not adopt from them.  If you adopt a sick dog, Good Dog Rescue will not help you at all.

$13000 not just for surgery

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

thank you for the comment.   the.$13K was not just for the surgery.  she saw a cardiac vet, ended up at an emergency vet because ahe was failing, and spent many times at Tufts because she was failing.

You should be mad at the vet

AUTHOR: Don in NJ - (United States of America)

I think you should mad at the vet who charged you $13,000 to treat the puppy. Thats absurd. Everything I read on the internet says the cost of PDA repair is $2500-$5000 depending on the part of the country.

GDR saved starving puppies.

AUTHOR: Chrisy - (United States of America)

I saw on FB that this person is trying to vilify Good Dog Rescue on the internet and I just wanted to come forward and share my experience. Ive been a loyal supporter of GDR ever since I adopted my hound puppy several years ago. Her name is Gertie and she was one of a litter of 7 puppies that was rescued by GDR.

The momma dog had been killed on the highway and the puppies taken to a shelter. They were very young and still nursing and in danger of starving, but Good Dog Rescue got them out of the shelter and into a foster home where they could be bottle-fed around the clock. All the puppies survived and eventually they were adopted. Now these were 7 dogs that didnt have a chance in the world if it hadnt been for GDR and I will be forever grateful that they saved our Gertie.

#53 General Comment

GDR is all about the dogs!

AUTHOR: dizzyblondetexan - (United States of America)

Im afraid you dont know what youre talking about. Good Dog Rescue is well known and well respected in this part of the country because they are one of the most ethical, hardworking rescue groups around.

For years, GDR has been rescuing dogs from death out here in Arkansas. I live on a state highway in the middle-of-nowhere, Arkansas where people bring their dogs and cats to abandon all the time. Its terrible and heartbreaking, once an entire litter of puppies appeared!  Thank heaven for GDR who has taken in every single one of these dogs when Ive asked them over the years. And they take care of these dogs and nurse them back to health and find them great homes in New England.

So they really do care about the dogs, in fact, theyre ALL ABOUT THE DOGS and nothing else.  And many of these dogs were sick or injured and I can just imagine the huge vet bills they have, so they are not in it for the money either far from it.

good dog rescue.....puppy mill dogs

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

I guess as long as the dog is healthy, good dog rescue has no problem.  If they are ill,  they will wash their hands of them.  Little Brandi deserved better.  To bad you are only in it for the money.  Please do not adopt from good dog rescue.  I believe most of their dogs come from puppy mills.

4000+ satisfied adopters

AUTHOR: Dorothy Lambert, Administrator Enfield CT - (USA)

More than 4000 successful New England adoptions since 2003. Take a look at what a few dozen of our satisfied adopters have to say about Good Dog Rescue!
www.gooddogrescue.com/
www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings6mo.htm
Dorothy L, Administrator / Enfield CT

Good Dog Rescue is a scam

AUTHOR: Jean - (United States of America)

What really happened is this is not a rescue group, they are in it for the money only.  Please do not adopt from them.

Why didn't your vets find that she had pneumonia either?

Maybe if you were to tell the truth, Dorothy, because we only asked you to refund the absorbent fee we paid to adopt Brandi (there you go, Dorothy, I used her name...I hope that makes you happy) and your "rescue group" refused to do that.  We even paid you extra money because you indicated that Brandi was AKC. You have indicated previously that we are only concerned that she was AKC, which is not the case.  Your "rescue group" indicated that because it means more money for you.  Of course, AKC does not consider Brandi to be registerable.  You people are a piece of work!

You NEVER offered to put Brandi in a New England foster home, you told us to put her back on the transport (2 1/2 days) back to Tennessee, even when we told you the vets in New England said she would die on the way back.  Some love you have for dogs.

The reason why I am still angry is again you had two Golden retriever puppies for adoption.  What a scam....how much does the puppy mill breeder you support get as his cut for you portraying these dogs as unwanted by a "breeder"?

How is it that your address is in Connecticut, but you are all in Tennessee?  Makes it more difficult for someone to figure out the scam, I guess.

Again, I am angry that you are allowed to continue treating defenseless animals like this!  PLEASE, DO NOT ADOPT FROM GOOD DOG RESCUE.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

AUTHOR: Dorothy Lambert, Administrator Enfield CT - (USA)

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...  First of all, and most importantly, Im very disheartened to read nowhere in the Anderson complaint any semblance of love or affection for the little puppy Brandi that we sent them in October 2011. I cannot believe in their entire complaint they didnt even say her name once, only referring to her again and again as this dog.

Secondly
1    Brandi was seen by 3 different Memphis vets on 3 different occasions with no abnormalities noted and no findings of PDA.
2    The Andersons took Brandi to their vet a week after her arrival on Oct 31 for a respiratory infection but no finding of PDA was made at that time; their own vet couldnt find a PDA either.  It wasnt until mid November when they took Brandi to a specialist (veterinary cardiologist) that the diagnosis of PDA was made.
3    The Andersons signed an adoption agreement which states: Adopter accepts this dog as is with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon signing of this contract.
4    Nevertheless, GDR offered to take Brandi back and put her in a New England foster home and give a full refund to the Andersons, but instead they wanted to keep the puppy AND get a full refund AND have GDR pay for the surgery.
5    What about the AKC registration? Brandi is a rescue dog who was surrendered to us by the breeder and then adopted by us to the Andersons. The breeder represented Brandi as a purebred golden retriever, she looks just like a purebred golden retriever, and she came with purebred golden retriever AKC registration papers.  Its sad and very telling that the Andersons are hung up on a possible technicality in the puppys ancestry.
 6    Yes there were a pair of golden retriever pups for adoption on the GDR website recently. There have been numerous purebred pups... german shepherds, goldens, huskies, yorkies, labs, saint bernards, bloodhounds, jack russell terriers, newfoundlands and others. Everyone knows they have no spay/neuter regulations down south and the shelters down there are full of purebred puppies that have been dumped by the multitude of southern breeders who can't sell them all because everybody down there already has 2 dogs.

The Andersons refused GDR's offer to take back Brandi and put her in a New England foster home, instead making the unreasonable demand 1) to keep the puppy 2) receive a full refund 3) and have GDR pay for the surgery. I'm sorry that the Andersons are so bitter a year later and really hope they haven't taken it out on the puppy.

Dorothy L., Administrator