Complaint Review: Good Feet Store

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Lowell Massachusetts
Good Feet Store
1740 Mass. Ave Lexington, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Good Feet Store Ridiculous Return Policy - Apathetic Response to complaints Lexington, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Good Feet Lexington RipOff

*Author of original report: Good Feet Store Lexington, MA - Issue Resolved Amicably

*Author of original report: Good Feet Makes Good

I purchased the Good Feet 3 step arch support system for a total of $857 (Which by the way included a $29 pair of insoles that I didnt realize I was buying. The same thing is 9.99 at any CVS)

One of the pairs of arch supports was worn for a total of 15 minutes, in other words just for the ride home. The other 2 pairs are unworn and still in the original packaging. That night, I spoke to a friend in the medical field about my purchase. I was advised that the arch supports I purchased, while fine for some people were not appropriate for me.

The NEXT day I tried to return the 2 unused pair and the pair that had been worn for the ride home. I was told by the store clerk that I could not return them. I could however get store credit....if I needed $857 of horrendous looking shoes, or maybe some socks...perhaps a foot massager!!!!!

I asked to speak to the owner. The clerk said the owner is rarely in the store. I asked for his contact information. She would not give it to me. I then proposed leaving my contact information for him to call me back. She told me that she would give it to him, but said that it is his policy not to accept returns and he would probably not call back.

After 8 days without a return call, I called the Good Feet Corporate Office and spoke with Sandy, who was very professional and helpful. She promised to have the owner contact me. The next day Mr. Herbert Knoller contacted me. Unfortunately, he told me that my only option was to return them for credit. He was condescending and continually interrupted me during the conversation (which would not have taken place had the Corporate Office not intervened)

I do not understand why a product that is unused and not custom made would be be eligible for a return. How can this be good business???? Good Feet Store will incur NO loss by taking these back and reselling them.

Shame on me for allowing this to happen. I should have left the store immediately when

A. I saw the price. I have been wearing a $20 pair of Dr. Scholl's arch supports for the past week and feel pretty good.

B. I was told about the no return policy. I was however told that it was for "hygiene reasons" Since I have never worn them, that is not valid. Further, I have been told that some people where them for a month, resulting in a miraculous cure and then return them. I tried to return them unused the next business day.

I hope that Sandy in Customer Service can help me. She mentioned that while Good Feet Lexington is a Franchise the corporation does have a customer Satisfaction policy. She was very helpful the first time. I hope she can continue to help me.

Check out the report with the same theme about the Norwell Store. Mr. Knoller tried the same tactics with that person and eventually relented and issued a full refund....lets see if he does the right thing here.

RippedOff
Lowell, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Feet-Store/Lexington-Massachusetts-02421/Good-Feet-Store-Ridiculous-Return-Policy-Apathetic-Response-to-complaints-Lexington-Mas-399987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good Feet Store

Good Feet Lexington RipOff

AUTHOR: Sagar - ()

My wife purchased the orthotics from good feet lexington on 06 June 2013. She was told that she could return them in 30 days but was not explained thatithas to be a store credit. My wife does not speak or understand english as well as a native speaker. She was hustled by the sales lady and was also sold a pair of insoles which u can buy at cvs and many other store. My wife did not like and feel comfortable with orthotics inlay and tried to return them before 30 days. She was told that all she could get was store credit. my wife refused and walked out. We talked to our credit card company about the issues. I looked uponline and found numerous complaints on good feet. I have filed a consumer complaint with AG's office. I also intend to pursue this through small claims court. Stay away from good feet lexington and all other stores under the ownership and management of mr Knoller.

Good Feet Store Lexington, MA - Issue Resolved Amicably

AUTHOR: Ashupe - (U.S.A.)

I am happy to say that I reached an amicable agreement with Mr. Knoller from the Good Feet Store in Lexington yesterday regarding my previous purchase. I will admit that my previous post may have been the result of no small degree of frustration on my part. Further, I should have paid closer attention to their policies.

I do not dispute that their 3 step insert system is a good product, rather that it was not the right product for my particular condition. I am certain that these products would help most people with foot pain.

Mr. Knoller and the Good Feet Corporate Office have been very professional and courteous in the resolution of this matter.

AUTHOR: Ashupe - (U.S.A.)

I am pleased to say that Mr. Knoller contacted me to offer me a full refund of my purchase.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC