shoulders

• Updated: Fri, December 31, 2010

• Reported By: Teresa — Beckville Texas United States of America
Good Housekeeping Magazine
PO Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa United States of America

Good Housekeeping Magazine - Hearst Magazines Decietful in sending out magazines I never ordered and then sending bills for the magazines using words such as delinquent account, and others...I stopped ordering any magazines years ago! Harlan Iowa

One day I began recieving Good Housekeeping Magazine that I had not requested. Then the bills started. I knew that I never ordered them (I stopped ordering any kind of magazines years ago) so I ignored everything that they sent. Then I recieved a delinquent account letter from the collection office. The invoice in with the letter wants me to pay $9.00. The are offering me a $3.00 discount from the $12.00.

This is bad business and I worry about the people that are elderly or have memory problems. This scam would work for them because they would be thinking that they had accidently ordered the magazine and pay.

My hope is that somone somehow will be able to make them stop this scam. This could cause somone on a fixed income to pay grocery money or something out of fear.

I am shocked that a company that is so well known would stoop so low to get subscriptions sold. Now every time that I see this magazine at the store I think about this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2010 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Housekeeping-Magazine/Harlan-Iowa-51593/Good-Housekeeping-Magazine-Hearst-Magazines-Decietful-in-sending-out-magazines-I-never-677246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good Housekeeping Magazine