Complaint Review: Good 'Ol Boys Moving

• Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: Erica — Brantford Ontario Canada
Good 'Ol Boys Moving
269 Hespeler Rd Cambridge, Ontario United States of America

Good 'Ol Boys Moving Despicable, deplorable, offensive, insulting, rude, sexual harassment, damages Cambridge, Ontario

*Author of original report: False Updates

*Author of original report: Moving company which shall not be named.

*Author of original report: Moving Company

This company is a poor excuse for a service provider. After showing up half an hour late to my home, arguing with myself and my party about what they would take (and charging us for the time spent), the movers took two and a half hours to move a dozen pieces of furniture. When a member of my party called the moving office to make a complaint, the van driver became irate and yelled at us that the team was moving as quickly as possible. However, after the complaint had been made, they proceeded to move another dozen pieces of furniture in 40 minutes. My belongings were left in a giant pile in the centre of my living room, literally, one piece on top of another. When I asked for certain pieces to be placed around the apartment, the movers damaged my brand new parquet floor by dropping and dragging my furniture. Some pieces were broken, others scratched, ripped, torn or dented, and only a small percentage of my things escaped unscathed. The biggest disappointment, however, was the "service" my party and I received. The movers were overheard making comments about the womens' bodies, calling our party members names, and I myself was the subject of an obvious sexual innuendo. When our final bill arrived, it was nearly $300 more than our original quote. The movers made it clear that our belongings, should we not be able to pay the bill at that moment, would be packed back onto the trucks and taken into storage, where we would have to pay again to have it removed. Before they finally left, the van driver asked me for my phone number so that I could complete a survey. I asked him if he really wanted me to voice my opinion after all that had happened. His response was "Yes, please. So you can say that we weren't a--holes". Is this how a service provider should speak to a client? After filing our official complaint with the company, in writing, we waited nearly 2 weeks before we got a response. Another employee came to visit us and see the damage for himself. He wrote very little down, gave us his card and said that he was not able to offer us a refund/repair quote, but that we would have to wait to hear from the owners who would make us an offer based on his report. Another 2 weeks passed before we heard what the offer was; an amount so low and unfair it insults ones' intelligence. This has been over a month, and we're still in the baby stages of fighting this battle. If you're looking for respect and courtesy when you move, hire someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2012 11:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Ol-Boys-Moving/Cambridge-Ontario-N1R-3H8/Good-Ol-Boys-Moving-Despicable-deplorable-offensive-insulting-rude-sexual-harassmen-846892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good 'Ol Boys Moving

False Updates

AUTHOR: Erica - (Canada)

The previous updates are false: They were not penned by myself, the author of the original report. The original report was written as testimony of my experiences with this company and  to inform the general public of my observations/opinions and allow them to make an informed decision for themselves. The report cannot and will not be removed from this site. No further comments or updates regarding this report are necessary.

Moving company which shall not be named.

AUTHOR: Erica - (Canada)

I have chosen to remove the text in this review for legal purposes.

Moving Company

AUTHOR: Erica - (Canada)

I have chosen to remove this review fearing legal action.

Poland