Complaint Review: Good Will Industries, Goodwill Industries International

• Submitted: Fri, March 12, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 12, 2010

• Reported By: Hobbley — pilot mountain North Carolina United States of America
Good Will Industries, Goodwill Industries International
Key Street Pilot Mountain NC Pilot Mountain, North Carolina United States of America

Good Will Industries, Goodwill Industries International Spring cleaning and an excessivly rude G/W Truck driver GOOD WILL??? Pilot Mountain, North Carolina

We had a very nice day 3 days ago and got some spring cleaning done.  I had a bin of childrens clothes that were in very cood condition along with some sheets and dust ruffle.  There is a drop off location at the food lion in Pilot Mountain, NC that is more convienient to us than driving to the actual store.  When we got there, the "truck driver" Andy or Anthony had just backed his truck up to the drop off location.  This was about 12 noon give or take.  Several of us (donators) also arrived there with our donations.  I explained that I had thing to drop off but I wanted to keep the rubber maid bin.  The Drop Off Location rep was very nice, but she was trying to explain that the "driver" had just backed up.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with my items as other donators start gathering around.  My 3 year old is in the van and my husband is standing nearby.  The driver YELLS out to all of us (or maybe just me) that because he had to move the truck three feet to allow us to drop off our donations that it was (pardon me) "Pissing him the hell off".  I was baffled.  I blurted out "we're donating to the Good Will and that's Pissing you off?"  The drop off attendent was so appoligetic but she really didn't know what to do.  We do not Speak in front of our daughter in such rude terms and have NEVER been treated so poorly when trying to donate quality items to a good cause.  He ended up taking my Bin of clothes and dumping them on the floor of his truck!  Like Trash!  We got our bin back but we cannot see in the future donating to Good Will or even shopping there for toys and play clothes for our child/children.  I have no idea how the following donaters were treated because we got out of there quick...removed ourselves from the situation.  That is not what I want my daughter to think of when she see's charities.

Hobbley

Pilot Mountain, NC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Will-Industries-Goodwill-Industries-International/Pilot-Mountain-North-Carolina-27041/Good-Will-Industries-Goodwill-Industries-International-Spring-cleaning-and-an-excessivly-580156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good Will Industries, Goodwill Industries International