Complaint Review: Good Will Industries - Goodwill Industries International

• Updated: Wed, January 13, 2010

• Reported By: lizz — bronx New York United States of America
Good Will Industries - Goodwill Industries International
149th st bronx, New York United States of America

Good Will Industries - Goodwill Industries International overpriced goods bronx, New York

I am writing in response to a posting I saw regarding Goodwill Industries written by Jennifer in Seattle, Washington.  I have shopped at Goodwill since I was in high school in Massachusetts.  Recently I have been donating to the Goodwill in the South Bronx near my place of work.  Today I saw a skirt that was marked at $7.99.  I noticed that it was a new skirt but the original price was only $4.48.  I asked the manager what the real price was and pointed out the original price tag.  He took the $4.48 price tag off, crumbled it up and with a rude look on his face, told me it was the wrong price.  I told him that it was wrong to mark up the price at a Goodwill store where people come to get a deal on clothing.  He just kept repeating that it was the wrong price, backed away and started talking to other employees.  I told him it was wrong to do that and that it is a shame that he will now lose a customer who shops in his store often.  There are so many clothes for sale at Goodwill stores with prices that are way too high for people in the neighborhood.  People go to Goodwill stores looking to spend less, not more.  I also shop at the Goodwill because I want to support second-hand clothing since there is such a surplus of clothing in this country and in this world.  But now, I will look for another thrift store to donate to and shop at.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Good-Will-Industries-Goodwill-Industries-International/bronx-New-York-10458/Good-Will-Industries-Goodwill-Industries-International-overpriced-goods-bronx-New-Yo-553831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Good Will Industries - Goodwill Industries International