- Report: #759703
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Goodwill Industries of middle Georgia and the Csra
Goodwill Industries of middle Georgia and the Csra4074 washington road martinez, Georgia United States of America
Goodwill Industries of middle Georgia and the Csra Not so innocent martinez, Georgia
*UPDATE Employee: Cafe a Rip Off To
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Goodwill Industries in my area alone made a 15 million dollar profit margin, thats after all the overhead was paid. I have one question for this, how can a company that makes 15 million in profit get goverment funds and help under the clasification of a "charitable orginization".
Goodwill says it helps people that are disabled or suffer from injuries, then why are there no handicapped or disabled people working there during the 3 years i worked there. In fact Goodwill has laid me off due to injuries sustained on the job and refused to file a workmans comp claim or pay any disability or vacation time i have saved up.
There prices, yes they are made up on site for each individual item that goes on sale and if it isnt sold, they dont donate it back to a charity they throw it in a compactor and crush it so no one else can make anything off it.
I myself would never work for them or there sister companies again nor donate to a orginization that has lost its "goodwill".
Goodwill at one time had osha in there store and osha found a list of things that where a safety hazard that Goodwill refused to clean until they where threatened with the possibility of being shut down. This is the list of what was wrong...
1. Fungus in the fridge and dead rodents behind coke/vending machines
2. Outdated or broken equipment that we had to work with because new equipment "wasnt in the budget"
3. Blocked pathways
4. Small area for the volume we recieved
5. Broken AC unit
6. Broken sliding door that was deemed as a fire hazaard "still hasnt been fixed"
7. No protection against airborne or contaminated objects
8. When we finally recieved gloves, they cost 5 bucks "should be manditory"
So, yes, i have been on the inside and wittnessed all of this first hand. People need to relize that Goodwill may have once been a respected bussiness but now it has fallen into a greedy multi million dollar corparation that has no desire to help anyone but itself.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodwill-Industries-of-middle-Georgia-and-the-Csra/martinez-Georgia-30907/Goodwill-Industries-of-middle-Georgia-and-the-Csra-Not-so-innocent-martinez-Georgia-759703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.