Complaint Review: Goodwill Industries

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:Cupertino California
Goodwill Industries
855 E. El Camino Real Mountain View, California U.S.A.

Goodwill Industries customer theift of my CDs Mountain View California

*Consumer Comment: Police report

There is a sign on the glass doors instructing that any with packages, large purses must surrender them at the counter. I have a personal small rolling shopping cart. the clerk told me that I could take the cart throughout the store. I had to put behind the counter where she was. I took it to her and she told me to put at the edge of the counter. Next to the counter was an open case of CD's to be purchase by customers. Upon returning to get my shopping cart, my CD case containing how-to-learn Microsoft Access was on top of the store's case, but the instructional CD's were missing. I asked her what happened to my CD and she asked if I had purchased some pants that were in my cart. I produced my receipt, from another store. She said that she was not responsible for my loss. I went and talked to the manager. He said that no one from his team would take my CD's and that they were not responsible for loss of my personal property. I had paid more than $80 for the CD's. They will not compensate me for my loss.

An
Cupertino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodwill-Industries/Mountain-View-California-94040/Goodwill-Industries-customer-theift-of-my-CDs-Mountain-View-California-474781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodwill Industries

Did you file a police report?

If not, you need to file one. You were stolen from, they need to investigate it.