Complaint Review: Goodwill industries of lane and south coast counties

• Submitted: Tue, February 22, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 26, 2011

• Reported By: Mary — Florence Oregon United States of America
Goodwill industries of lane and south coast counties
855 Seneca rd Eugene, Oregon United States of America

Goodwill industries of lane and south coast counties Fires employee's without good reasons!! Eugene, Oregon

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It Happened To Me too

*General Comment: No Goodwill for Goodwill

I worked for Goodwill for a little over a year with never getting any write ups or talked to about anything at all.  I was fired for losing control of my employee's which is not true at all!!  I was the store manager of the Florence Goodwill, I was working open to close 3 days a week with only having 3 to 4 employee's working for the whole day, I had employee's out sick and on medical leave and one on light duty.  The entire store looked great minus the back processing room, it was a mess, however the customers don't see that part.

The CEO came in on a Wednesday and was not happy about it, we had loss prevention come in that day and then we had loss prevention back the following day and on Friday morning I was fired along with 3 other employee's!  Goodwill? I would say more like BADwill!!!  If only they could have talked with me about what was going on they would have known the truth, instead they just fired me!  If you work for Goodwill be careful!  You never know when you will get fired for what reason!  Just a few months before I was fired I got a great review and a 74cent raise!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2011 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodwill-industries-of-lane-and-south-coast-counties/Eugene-Oregon-/Goodwill-industries-of-lane-and-south-coast-counties-Fires-employees-without-good-reason-698473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodwill industries of lane and south coast counties

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It Happened To Me too

AUTHOR: Momma3 - (USA)

I'm sorry to hear that this seems to be the way of 'Goodwill'...The name meant a lot more to me.....at least at one time.
I am sure you went into the company with the perception of working for an organization that is there to help people.
I know I did. Didn't turn out that way.
The only thing I ask of people reading these reports, is that they NOT stop shopping with the Goodwill.
Despite the morals of upper management, there are a lot of REALLY good people who still work for the organization. And they deserve to stay there and work if that is what they choose to do. They have families and bills...just like myself.
(At least in the Lane County franchise.)
I am left upside down and backwards.....and this economy, with my age...I do not know how I will recover.
But, my personal morals remain intact.

#2 General Comment

No Goodwill for Goodwill

AUTHOR: Snazz_dresser - (U.S.A.)

I have to agree with the person who submitted the report.  Each Goodwill is independently owned and operated, however all Goodwill's profess how grateful they are for community and individual support.  Unfortunately, Goodwill is a one way street as my personal experiences with many Goodwill sites and www.shopgoodwill.com show one common link.  None show any "Goodwill" towards the customer.

The customer is not given any benefit of doubt and treated as though they "Goodwill" are above everyone esle.  But the bottom line is this.  Call it what it is "Goodwill Industries is a second hand - junk store" and nothing more.

Goodwill works both ways.  Bilateral Goodwill does not exist, but unilaterly Goodwill does and in their favor only.