Complaint Review: Goodyear Service Center

• Submitted: Tue, April 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 21, 2009

• Reported By:gainesville Florida
Goodyear Service Center
407 NW 75th St Gainesville, Florida U.S.A.

Goodyear Service Center Goodyear Service Center Damaged My Car and Refused to Fix It! Gainesville Florida

*Author of original report: Update on SCAMYEAR...I mean good year

*Consumer Comment: I found Goodyear To Be Very Crooked Also

On Friday April 10, 2009 I dropped my 2001 GMC Yukon off at Goodyear Service Center at 407 NW 75th St in Gainesville Florida for a resurfacing job on my rotors. I dropped the vehicle off and picked it up later that afternoon. It wasn't until the same night that I realized the right side mirror had been partially melted. This damage was NOT there prior to dropping off my vehicle. The following day (Saturday April 11, around 4:15) I was able to make my way over to the same Goodyear and speak with the Service Manager Tom, who came out and took a look at it and could clearly see damage had been done. He agreed to re-order the mirror and would be in touch with me. I gave him over a week and re-contacted him on April 20, 2009 at roughly 9:20 a.m. Only to be told that his District Manager told him not to fix the damage that was done and he completely denied even having the capability of burning/melting the right side mirror (when every repair shop as some sort of blow torch for stuck nuts and bolts). This was a completely different tune than he was singing a week ago, where he not only acknowledged, but apologized.
I am frankly disgusted and perturbed that Goodyear would treat a loyal customer this way. In the last month and a half alone I have spent well over $1,000 at that particular Goodyear and have no need in general to try and "scam" my way into getting anything for free. Like I said, records show how much money I have spent with them.
I understand in these tough economic times and District Managers are concerned about their bottom line and nothing else. But, to damage a vehicle while it's in their care and then refuse to right a wrong just shows how badly this particular Goodyear represents the overall company.
I'm severely disappointed that Goodyear not only goes back on its word but does so in such a sad, pathetic manner, it's unreal. I would truly hate to see how they would treat a first time customer versus how they treated me, a long term customer.

Don
gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2009 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodyear-Service-Center/Gainesville-Florida-32607/Goodyear-Service-Center-Goodyear-Service-Center-Damaged-My-Car-and-Refused-to-Fix-It-Gain-445431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodyear Service Center

Update on SCAMYEAR...I mean good year

AUTHOR: Perfectorec - (U.S.A.)

So after filing multiple complaints with the Better Business Bureau and corporate Goodyear, they offered to pay for half of the damage. I refused, the offer to pay for only half of their screw up is insulting and ridiculous. Roughly $600 would have been the total cost of repair, $300 of which I would have been responsible for. That is hardly fair. I would rather never do business with them again and bad mouth them for life then give $300 to fix one of their mistakes. Absurd!

I found Goodyear To Be Very Crooked Also

AUTHOR: Whistleblower - (Canada)

I've dealt with Goodyear before and yeah, they are crooks. It's sad but reality, that most auto garages are crooked liars who will look for any possible way to rip someone off.