Complaint Review: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co

• Updated: Tue, October 12, 2010

• Reported By: JMV527 — North Bellmore New York USA
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co
1144 East Market Street Internet United States of America

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co 6 year warranty scam junk tires another crap US company, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Daddys littile boy

What a joke, I bought new "High Performance" Goodyear Eagle GT tires for my son's car on 05-29-09.  I notice a week ago the sidewalls were splitting (they look like they have been that way for a while) and took the car to my local Goodyear Dealer in Levittown, NY.  Steve told me he would order the tires, and I could come back and they would measure the tread depth and Goodyear would pro rate the old tires.  These tires had a 6 year warranty.  They are not quite a year and a half old.

So another trip to see Steve yesterday. (10-11-10)  After making me wait 20 minutes before someone could walk in the parking lot and measure the tires, he showed me the invoice of what it would cost to put the 4 new tires on the car. (245/40R-18 93W BSW)  The cost was over $650.  I asked him what happened to the pro rate?  He said the front tires were shot (I measured 4/32) and the backs were not as bad.  What a scam, I only paid $552 for the tires new.  The same tires are $140 on the web with free shipping, Steve told me their price was $192 each.  So I got aggravated and left.  That's the last time I will ever buy Goodyear crap again.  Plain Junk!!! and no customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodyear-Tire-Rubber-Co/internet/Goodyear-Tire-Rubber-Co-6-year-warranty-scam-junk-tires-another-crap-US-company-Int-650120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co

Daddys littile boy

AUTHOR: kingsizepops - (United States of America)

Most Tires have a manufacturers warranty for defects not ware .

It has been a year and five months scene you put the tires on this car. How many miles did your son drive and what kind of driving did he do ?

If ya think back to when you were younger .............? You know !

The fist set of tires I had to buy changed my driving habits.

SO before you fuss at Goodyear maybe remember your younger days and look at daddys
littile boy.