helps

• Submitted: Mon, February 20, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: Gabriele — Monterey California United States of America
Goodyear Tires

Goodyear Tires Sears Double Rebate Event Sears promised an $80 rebate when purchasing 4 Goodyear tires with a Sears Credit Card Internet

*Consumer Comment: lalalalalalalala

*Consumer Comment: No I'm not with these companies

*Author of original report: Re: Sears/Goodyear Rebate

*Consumer Comment: Yes you did

*Author of original report: Goodyear Tire Rebate offer

*Consumer Comment: Is this your rebate offer?

I purchased 4 Fuelmax tires ,#2056515 WHFUELMAXB , from Sears in Capitola, California on 9/7/2011, based on the promise that I would receive a $160 rebate, $80 for puchase on a Sears card and $80 for purchasing 'Goodyear tires.
I was given a claim form, which was already partially filled out by the salesperson, which I sent  in that very day with a copy of the sales contract.

When I heard nothing after six to eight weeks, I managed, with some difficulty, to speak to a "Helen " at the Goodyear rebate office, who said that my claim was not in the system because I had failed to include the correct tire number.  This was , of course, untrue because the number was right on the contract.  I was told to send it in again by FAX to 513-321-2136.

Unable obtain another claim form from Sears - the rebate was no longer going on - I mailed a letter on 12/20/2011 with all the anwers to the questions from the claim form listed in order, another copy of the sales contract, as well as another correctly filled out claim form, which I finally found online.

After several weeks without a reply I called, spoke again to Helen, who assured me that they had received my letter and that everything was now in the system, but that it would be another month before I would receive my money.

Another month has gone by and ,not having  received anything ,I am now joining the other complaints filed on this site because it looks very much, judging from the other people's experience, that my, treatment by this company is not unique and that there is a deliberate effort to defraud.

If you have any information about a class action suit, or other agencies that conceern themselves with complaints of this nature, please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodyear-Tires/internet/Goodyear-Tires-Sears-Double-Rebate-Event-Sears-promised-an-80-rebate-when-purchasing-4-Go-842146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodyear Tires

lalalalalalalala

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Gabriele, do you want your dad-blasted rebate or not? You make yourself look ridiculous by accusing frequent contributors whose opinions you don't like, of being employees of the company you're whining about.
And if that weren't enough, you're asking Ashley to get you your rebate, as though you could ask that even of a real employee of either Goodyear or their rebate management firm in a venue such as this.

The only way you're getting your rebate is if you go back to the folks you last dealt with and explain that you now think you may have checked for the wrong rebate, and maybe, just maybe, they'll thn be able to clear it up over the phone or via fax/email.

The only company involved at this point is whatever firm manages the rebate program, not Goodyear itself, unless they're doing so in-house.

No I'm not with these companies

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I've never bought tires from either of them.

However, I can read and comprehend instructions which you seem unable to do. Here's the thing on rebates, companies do NOT want to pay them out. They will look for every little reason to decline your rebate. Yes, I am saying they will deny your rebate for checking the wrong box on the form. You requested the wrong rebate, you didnt send in proof that your purchased the item you claim you did for the rebate you want. That's why this is taking so long, because you didn't fill the form out properly.

The media doesn't care, there's no story here. We just have someone who did not understand which rebate they were claiming and filled out a rebate form improperly.

Re: Sears/Goodyear Rebate

AUTHOR: Gabriele - (United States of America)

Ashley:

Are you telling me that because I checked 2 boxes on the claim form instead of one I will get  punished and get nothing ?  That would be the lamest excuse ever for getting out of an obligation and promise.

Are you associated with these companies?  If so, please see to it that I get my $80 ASAP .  If not, why are you defending them? If you are not associated with Sears/Goodyear, but are speaking from experience then it is certainly time to take this matter to the media.

Gabriele

Yes you did

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You qualified for an $80 rebate. Not a $160 rebate. If you filled out the form demanding a 160 dollar rebate you filled it out incorrectly. The tired you purchased have a $40 goodyear rebate with an additional $40 for using your sears card for a total of $80

You admit to filling it out for 160, and that is why the delay. You filled out the paperwork incorrectly and are requesting a rebate for something you did not purchase. It doesn't matter what the tire tech told you verbally, it only matters whats on the rebate form itself.

Goodyear Tire Rebate offer

AUTHOR: Gabriele - (United States of America)

I bought the correct tires ( Fuelmax) to qualify for an $80 rebate because I used my Sears card.
I was told the claim is in the system.
Now send me my money!   It's been 6 months.

Is this your rebate offer?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

If so then notice you did NOT purchase the correct tires to recieve the $80/$160 rebate:

"
$80 MAIL-IN REBATE TIRES
$160 WITH PURCHASE ON A SEARS CARD
Assurance TripleTred Assurance TripleTred All-Season
Assurance ComforTred Touring Assurance ComforTred
Eagle F1 All Season Eagle F1 Asymmetric/Asymmetric 2
All other Eagle F1 family products All Eagle EMT/ROF products
Fortera TripleTred Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar Wrangler SilentArmor
SP Sport Maxx family Dunlop ROFs / DSSTs "

Fuelmax tires are not on that list, so you purchased the incorrect tires for your offer. I have searched many many goodyear offers and none of them have that particular tire on the top tier rebate.

Now if you will read higher on the form:

$40 MAIL-IN REBATE TIRES
$80 WITH PURCHASE ON A
SEARS CARD
Assurancecs Fuel Max
Assurance Fuel Max Eagle GT
Eagle Ultra Grip GW-3 Eagle Ultra
Grip GW-3 ROF Fortera HL Ultra Ultra Grip Ice WRT Ultra Grip Performance Ultra Grip Performance 2
Ultra Grip SUV Wrangler DuraTrac Wrangler SR-A Fierce Attitude M/
T Grandtrek SJ4/SJ5/SJ6 Graspic DS-3 Rover A/T Rover H/T SP
Sport family SP Sport Signature (excluding Signature and Signature CS )
SP Winter Sport 3D SP Winter Sport M2/M3 WeatherHandler Fuel Max

The tires you purchase are eligible for a $40 mail in rebate (80 with your card) the fact that you are filling it out and sending it in for $160 is likely whats causing the delay. You did NOT purchase the correct tires for a $160 rebate. You are only entitled to an 80$ rebate. You were also asked to fax the information, and instead decided to mail the information which will add even more time to the processing.