Complaint Review: Goodyear

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Bluebutterflyz — Champaign Illinois United States of America
Goodyear

Goodyear Goodyear $40 rebate program is a rip-off Internet

I bought four Goodyear tires from my Toyota dealer and they gave me a Goodyear rebate form to go with them. I followed the directions, attached a copy of the original receipt from Toyota, filled out the form, mailed it in.

Three weeks later I got a postcard simply stating my rebate would not be honored, period. No reason was given and there was no phone number on the card that I could call to inquire about the denial. So I googled their customer service number and spoke to one of the reps.

She told me it was denied because the actual name of the tire was not on the receipt, just a parts number. She also said I would have to get another receipt with the tire name and mail it to them as this could not be done over the phone, and a third party actually processes the rebates, not Goodyear.

I called my Toyota dealer and told them the problem. They said Goodyear could have found the tire name using the parts number. Toyota took my info and contacted Goodyear. They have had no response for a week now. All this work for $40 bucks. I am very disappointed with Goodyear and will not buy their tires again. Will update when and if this is resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goodyear/internet/Goodyear-Goodyear-40-rebate-program-is-a-rip-off-Internet-939437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goodyear