Complaint Review: Google Money Tree

• Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Cape Coral Florida
Google Money Tree
googlemoneytree.com Internet U.S.A.

Google Money Tree Charged my bank account $72.21 for a membership I never ordered and refuses to credit the bogus charges Internet

*NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.
===========================================

I noticed a charge on my bank acct. for $72.21 from Google Money Tree. I had never heard of them and the charge did not include a number to contact for questions. My bank tracked down their information and gave me the phone number to call them.

I requesred a redund stating this was a fraudulent charge. I never even went to their website, let alone placed an order!! How they stole my debit card number I will never know, but apparently other people were also charged fraudulently. I never even received an email notification from google monry tree that I was chaged the money or that I had a membership. They told Visa that they sent me a DVD on all the membership ibfo that of course I never rec. either.
The ONLY waY I knew I had been ripped off was thru my bank acct.

If I had not cancelled my debit card, they would have charged my acct another $80msomething, apparently this is a "Monthly"fee.So the charges would have continued to accrue if I had not cancelled my debit card.
Visa was notified by my bank but refused to intervene since a "Debit card is like cash"
Beware!! Even though this company has "Google" in it's name, it is definitely a company that charges fraudulent memberships without people's approval.

Maryanne
Cape Coral, Florida
*EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account that someone wrongfully takes it from you!

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Google-Money-Tree/internet/Google-Money-Tree-Charged-my-bank-account-7221-for-a-membership-I-never-ordered-and-refu-426801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Google Money Tree