Complaint Review: Google Money Tree

• Submitted: Fri, February 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 20, 2009

• Reported By:Lawrenceville Georgia
Google Money Tree
2375 E Tropicana Ave Ste 8 Internet U.S.A.

Google Money Tree withdrew money from bank account the day after I cancelled Las Vages Nevada *NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.

I registered for a work-at-home kit, from a survey web site. A few days later, I received a CD.

Since there was no letter attached, just a note on the back of the cd case, I was afraid to open it. I went to my yahoo search and searched the company name. It gave me lots of places to look, one of them was Ripoff Reports and it had the company name (google money tree).
I went to Ripoff's site and was amazed to find that this company is a ripoff. I immediately called the company and cancelled my subscription. This was on Feb. 10th. The cancellation #902082-12-006. The person I spoke to was Anna.

Today, Feb20th. I was checking my bank statement and saw that Google Money Tree had withdrew $72.21 from my account on Feb. 11th. I called them and they told me they withdrew the money the 10th, the day I cancelled. Because I had not received my Social Security at that time, the bank also charged me $32.00 for overdrawn funds. I told Google they were wrong to do this to me and was told that there was nothing they could do as I had until the 9th to cancel and did not until the 10th. I told them that I didn't get the cd until the 10th and they said there was nothing they could do, that I should have read the fine print.

I need help in shutting this phony company down. I would also like to get my money back if at all possible.

Deeann
Lawrenceville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Google-Money-Tree/internet/Google-Money-Tree-withdrew-money-from-bank-account-the-day-after-I-cancelled-Las-Vages-Nev-426461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Google Money Tree