Complaint Review: Google Wallet

• Updated: Sat, November 09, 2013

• Reported By: momo — Houston Texas
Google Wallet
internet, Select State/Province USA

Google Wallet money transfer scam internet internet

I was in need of a skidsteer (Bobcat) and found one on Craigslist. It was a 2010 model and the picture in the ad looked very good and the asking price was $7,800. I answered the ad Iinternet)and the lady said she was going through a divorce and had no need for the skidsteer. The ad showed the skidsteer to be in Webster, TX which was close to me. I told her I would be by the next day to pick it up and pay her cash. She wrote back and said she was now in Omaha, Nebraska and the skidsteer was in the hands of Google Wallet and they would be the go between.

The arrangement was for my bank to wire the $7,800 to a Google Wallet account in the UK. They would ship the skidsteer to me, free of charge, and I would have 5 days to determine if I wanted to keep the machine. If I decided not to keep it, it would be returned to the Google Wallet facility free of charge and return my money. Money would not be given to the seller until I approved the sale. The seller in this case, was Lisa Webster, 3315 N 37th St., Omaha, Neb 68111. I did not have a clue what a 2010 skidsteer was worth so I started looking around the internet and found another one, exactly like the one Lisa was selling. They wanted $40,000.

This transaction was beginning to sound too good to be true so I checked Rippoff Report and found 2 other reports that had the same MO as mine. One woman sent $26,000 to Google Wallet for a car a lady getting a divorce was selling. Needless to say, they got the money but she did not get the car. I called Google Wallet (not the number Lisa sent) and confirmed that all the information I had from Google Wallet was infact not from Google Wallet. It was all a big scam. I was fortunate. I hope this report will help others avoid the Google Wallet scam.

*NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2013 06:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Google-Wallet/internet-Select-StateProvince/Google-Wallet-money-transfer-scam-internet-internet-1098101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Google Wallet