dressed

• Submitted: Wed, October 26, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 25, 2006

• Reported By:Glenwood Iowa
Gorayeb Seminars
101 Roundhill Drive Rockaway, New Jersey U.S.A.

Gorayeb Seminars Not Hypnosis but vitamin sales. Rockaway New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: "Gorayeb Seminars Not Hypnosis but vitamin sales. Rockaway New Jersey"

My wife & I attended the Seminar in Council Bluffs, Iowa on 10/20/05. The paper advertised hypnosis to stop smoking. We had looked into this before & found that if you go to a "real" hypnotherapist, it can cost anywhere from $200 - $500. So we thought that $50 per person wasn't that bad. Plus that "%110 money back guarantee" caught our eyes. When we arrived, they make you sign this contract that states that you will get your money back guarantee if you attend two more seminars (three total). Well, we signed & paid & sat down. To make a long story short, the seminar consisted of approx. 3 hours of the "hypnotherapist" talking about the benefits of adding numberous vitamins to your diet but just when you feel overwhelmed with all of the vitamins that you are going to have to buy, he suddenly let us in on a company that Gorayeb "works" with & gave us order forms for a company that puts all of these vitamins into two or three simple pills per day. You can have all of this for just around $380 per person. At this point, the seminar began to run over the time it stated (ad said 9:45pm & it was 10pm) & we had not been "hypnotised yet. We then seperated out into this room & the "coach" turned off all of the lights, turned on some flouescent lamp up front, turned on a tape of "relaxing" music & began to "hypnotise" us. Thirty five minutes later it was over. I left upset that all this felt like was a sales rep trying to get you to buy their vitamins. I left with the feeling that if we didn't buy these vitamins, then the program will not work. They already took me for $100.00, they weren't going to get me for more. And yes, I still felt the urge to smoke when I got home.

John
Council Bluffs, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2005 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gorayeb-Seminars/Rockaway-New-Jersey-07866/Gorayeb-Seminars-Not-Hypnosis-but-vitamin-sales-Rockaway-New-Jersey-162241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gorayeb Seminars

"Gorayeb Seminars Not Hypnosis but vitamin sales. Rockaway New Jersey"

AUTHOR: Gaga - (U.S.A.)

Hi all,

I also attended Gorayeb Seminars...
The First time being about 8 years ago, and most recently , 10 months ago.
The First experience was great.. no sales of any kind. At the end of the hypnosis sessions you were able to purchase tapes of the session, nothing more. I was successful with my weight loss.

After years I wanted a refresher...

The Seminar I went to 10 months ago was so different than the firt one. This one was all about sales sales sales.. I felt bombarded with the pressure to purchase the vitamin package, lest I be unsuccessful in my weight loss endeavors. At any rate... I did buy the $400.00 supplement package. Prior to buying, I wanted to make sure none of the items conflicted with my heart medications.. they said they didn't. WHen I took the Supplement package to my Dr for his approval, My Dr. forbid the use of the vitamins stating they indeed conflicted with medications used to slow a heart rate.

In my opinion Gorayeb needs to get back to basics. Sell vitamins through another venue...
the way they are conducting the seminars now is completely ineffective and very very costly to the consumer.
Gaga