Complaint Review: Gordon Brothers

• Submitted: Tue, December 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 23, 2008

• Reported By:Whittier California
Gordon Brothers
101 Huntington Ave. 10th Floor Boston MA 02199 Boston, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Gordon Brothers Liquidation - What does "original price" mean? Boston Massachusetts

I waited for the Circuit City to bring down the price of their TV's to 60%. I bought it at the written price tag of over $2400. I thought I was getting a substantial deal with the 60%

I was totally wrong. I found out the the retail on this TV is only $1400. How did it get from a MSRP of $1400 to over $2400. What does it mean by "original price" right on the price tag? I figure that be be MSRP at most, not some made up number to try to screw over the customers.

To my satisfaction, I did voice my opinion of it to the store associates the next day. He could not clearly explain what represents "original pricing". This is the crux of the game they play. The store associate actually asked me "did you really think we were going to sell you a TV at 60% off".

I may be one of the few naive consumers left to know about these liquidation tactics. I felt I had to tell as many people as possible so they may avoid the same pitfalls.

There is nothing substantial to purchase that will be discounted greater than 30% even to the final day of closing. These artificial inflated "original price" will make sure of it.

Van
Whittier, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gordon-Brothers/Boston-Massachusetts-02199/Gordon-Brothers-Liquidation-What-does-original-price-mean-Boston-Massachusetts-404287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gordon Brothers