Complaint Review: Gordon Financial Services

• Updated: Fri, July 18, 2008

• Reported By:Auburn New Hampshire
Gordon Financial Services
8123 Ruth Palace Ave, Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Consumer Rewards Program/ Gordon Financial Services Mailed me a $3950 Check for applicable taxes and told me to deposit, then to call for delivery instructions. Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

Hello after researching the internet I read the report for michael of manchester nh and was amazed except for bank on check and name of company all the infor was the same. My very realistic looking check was from Wells Fargo of San Francisco CA and the company name was Gordon Financial services which was clever because I know of that company. But there was spelling and wording errors. And the 10% Check for applicable taxes, give me a break my husbands bonuses have a hefty 32 % tax. Im pretty sure uncle sam would get his funds first. It was awful because for a little while we actually thought I'd won something. But when I called(reluctantly) the number 905 598 6382 and she explained that I needed to deposit the check and then call 2 days later so they could send my winnings via UPS I knew that something was wrong. She didn't tell me to pay the taxes just that the 10% was mine and I'd get the rest as soon as I called them after depositing. They sounded desperate for me to deposit that check unusual for a prize, don't they usually want lots of publicity? I thought so. I want to warn anyone out there and to thank Michael of NH. Wonder how many of us in NH they have targeted. I'm only 1 min out of Manchester.

For anyone receiving this check dont deposit its a scam. Oh and the May 16 2008 drawing was identical too. Thanks and I hope this helps someone else.

Naomi3950
Auburn, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2008 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gordon-Financial-Services/Niagara-Falls-Ontario-L2E-2W8/Consumer-Rewards-Program-Gordon-Financial-Services-Mailed-me-a-3950-Check-for-applicable-352953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gordon Financial Services