Complaint Review: Gordon T Nicol

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: Jewel — jacksonville Florida United States of America
Gordon T Nicol
7545 Centurion Parkway Internet United States of America

Gordon T Nicol I retained Mr.Nicol June 2010 to help with my divorce, he was paid up front $4500.00 He sat on my case and did nothing for me. So Jan 2012 I had to retain another lawyer to finish my case. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: No-Misconduct found by Florida Bar

I retained Gordon Nicol as my lawyer during my divorce/custody  July 8th 2010 . Gordon charged me $4500.00 a flat fee. As of today I am still married and my husband is not paying child support. During the beginning of the process 2 years ago I asked Gordon's employees Mya and Adin over the phone if they could file  temporary relief while we wait for the  custody date. They told me I had to wait till the the divorce is final before they could file any relief. However we do go to mediation November  2011. That was a waste of time, when my husband was told he had to pay support of $300.00 he said he wanted to go to court.

Now Gordon said if I want to retain him again for him to be my lawyer for trial I would have to pay another 5,000.00. I can't afford my rent,  how am I going to pay him another $5,000.00 when he already has $4500.00 of my money and has nothing to show for it. He has done absolutely nothing for me.

I retained him in good faith that he would take my side and help me thru my divorce. He has not shown me anything in writing where my money has gone. So as of now I had no other choice but to find another lawyer. Lee Pickett is my new lawyer and he's great. Mr. Pickett called Gordon to see if he could get my file and Gordon refused to hand it over. I don't understand why he will not let Mr. Pickett get the file. There is no reason for Gordon to have my file . I feel like Gordon Nicol did not full fill his part of the contract.  So I would like this complaint to be addressed with him. I feel it's right that Gordon give me half of my money back. There is no reason for me to still be married 2 years later. He took my money and I received nothing in return. He is a fraud and is only out for money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gordon-T-Nicol/internet/Gordon-T-Nicol-I-retained-MrNicol-June-2010-to-help-with-my-divorce-he-was-paid-up-fron-959088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gordon T Nicol

No-Misconduct found by Florida Bar

AUTHOR: Your Jacksonville Lawyer, P.A. - (United States of America)

Ms. Schonover has complained to many different organizations including the Florida Bar, after review by the Florida Bar there was no mis-conduct. All work was completed on Ms. Schonover's behalf. Hey new attorney has reviewed all work that was done by this office and saw nothing wrong. There are numerous issues around the case that of course cannot be discussed publicly. This has become overly harassing as she for one states she had not money to pay rent but retained another attorney. Please Cease & Desist any further derogatory comments. Our firm always welcomes client's and potential client's to come into our office and read client's testimonials that will prove this allegation and it's ridiculous repetition on the internet.