Complaint Review: Gordon's Jewelers

• Submitted: Wed, October 20, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 20, 2004

• Reported By:Stockbridge Georgia
Gordon's Jewelers
1000 Southlake Mall Morrow, Georgia U.S.A.

Gordon's Jewelers Ripoff, cheap, not worth money paid, lied, only wanted to make a sale Morrow Georgia

My fiancee purchased a diamond tennis bracelet for me Christmas 2003 from Gordon's Jewelers. They told us it was one of their many deals that they run for Christmas because the bracelet was originally priced $715 and we paid $350. The first day that I wore the bracelet I looked down later on during the day and it was gone (It had just fallen off my arm). Evenutally my son found the bracelet in our home and the clasp was stripped. I took the bracelet back to the store and showed them the problem and they said it would be ready in 7 days. After picking the bracelet up and seeing that it was supposed to be fixed I was o.k. After wearing the bracelet for about one month, I took it off to wear another accessory.

Well when I went to put it back on the clasp wouldn't close, again it was stripped. I allowed the bracelet to sit for about 3 months before taking it back to the store. This time I took it back and the sales associate Dennis Loggins looked at it and said he could see what was wrong with it without sending it out for service. He fixed it and then proceeded to show me what I needed to do the next time the clasp wouldn't close.

Needless to say I was like you have got to be kidding if you think I'm going to repair it myself when I paid you for a warranty. Again I was able to wear it for a couple of months until I took it off and again the clasp was stripped.

This time I allowed it to sit on the dresser for about 6 months, I finally took it back to the store Saturday, September 18, 2004. I spoke with the manager Kimberly Kerr and explained the problem, she was very nice and offered to exchange it for a new one, I was very thankful. After giving me the new one, I watched the sales associate take the price tag from the new one and stick it on my old one, meaning that somebody out there has bought a broken bracelet. Anyway when I got up the following Monday morning, the bracelet was gone again.

I called the store and explained the problem to the manager, and she said that she would have to talk to her regional manager and to call her back. When I called her back she told me that her manager said they weren't responsible for lost jewelry and that the sales person told her I was pleased with the new bracelet.

My comment was, "why would I expect anything to be wrong with the bracelet." Now looking back I guess I should have been suspicious when I think about the sales person taking my defective bracelet and sticking it back in the showcase.

Stockbridge, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2004 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gordons-Jewelers/Morrow-Georgia/Gordons-Jewelers-Ripoff-cheap-not-worth-money-paid-lied-only-wanted-to-make-a-sale-Mo-113807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gordon's Jewelers