Complaint Review: Gorenter.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 17, 2011

• Reported By: Jason — Goodyear Arizona U.S.A.
645 E. Missouri St. Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Gorenter.com Home America, Go Renter, Gorenter. If you enjoy getting nickel and dimed, treated like dirt, and getting the runaround, Gorenter is the company for you Phoenix, Arizona

From their contracts that are 5 pages of legalese designed to screw the lessee, to their terrible and belittling customer service, I've never seen a company treat its customers as horribly as this one.  Even property owners should beware unless they enjoy having their renters leave due to this horrible treatment.

In January of 2010 we tried to pay our rent using their online payment service.  It looked like it went through, but I noticed that on the day it was due, it still hadn't hit our checking account.  I called them up and they said they didn't receive it.  The next day we hand delivered the check in full, but it was too late, they already said we would be charged their excessive late fee, and they said that they didn't care if it was poor customer service, it was in the contract.  I payed it and went on with my life.

In February of 2011, I received a courtesy notice from the an overzealous photographer trying to make a buck saying my grill, which was cooling off before I put it away, couldn't sit in my driveway, and my weeds were too long.  I contacted the HOA and they said the grill thing was an error and that they didn't care about the weeds so long as they were being taken care of, as they were being treated by myself.  I wasn't in violation.  The next day, I received a certified letter from GoRenter saying I was in violation of HOA rules, and that I had to pay them $35 to send me that letter.  I called them up to let them know that there was no violation, but I was treated very rudely by the woman on the phone.  She said that I had to pay their $35 fee even though there was no violation because it was in the contract.  I checked my contract and while there is mention of a $35 fee for notification of violation, there was nothing about a courtest notice.  They don't care.  They want their $35.

I've never been treated so poorly by a company.  If they cared even a little about their customers, they wouldn't try to nickel and dime them.  A simple phone call or email was all that was needed if they had questions about the courtesy notice.  They could also hire employees who understand that belittling customers is never the right thing to do, however, as you can see by their replies in these reports, it is standard operating procedures to belittle and attack customers.

Even the BBB rates them at a "D".

Owners and renters beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2011 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gorentercom/Phoenix-Arizona-85012/Gorentercom-Home-America-Go-Renter-Gorenter-If-you-enjoy-getting-nickel-and-dimed-tre-696627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gorenter.com