Complaint Review: Got Concrete

• Updated: Wed, July 16, 2014

• Reported By: Rick — Murfreesboro Tennessee
Got Concrete
5800 Hearthstone Ln Brentwood, Tennessee USA

"Got Concrete", "Got Concrete?", "Got Concrete Nashville, Inc", "Got Concrete, LLC", Michael Leffingwell, Michael Lewis Leffingwell, Mike Leffingwell, Mike Lewis, Mike Luffingwell Scam Artist, Liar, Phony, Asks for partial payment upfront and disappears, Criminal Record, Fraudulant, Clever but very Deceitful Brentwood Tennessee

*General Comment: sorry to hear the is another

This guy posted an Ad in "The Home Mag" magazine that is distributed to all the neighborhoods for free. He "company" was called "Got Concrete" and his Ad looked legit, and he advertised that he was "licensed and insured", etc.  I called him and two other companies for some concrete driveway work. His quote was lower (surprise!) than the others, so I went with him. He gave me two references, which when I checked, they were good (his friends told me what a wonderful job he did!) I was happy and all set to go!  While writing the contract, he said he had to have 50% down and that's how he works all his contracts. He wrote me out a contract in detail of everything that he was going to do. Hesitantly, I gave him a check for half the amount and he left, giving me a start date of about 1 week out (which is normal). This was the big mistake that I made and that I warn everyone reading this not to do!!!

I was also talking to him about another project that I wanted him to do for me, but I wasn't ready yet. To cut a long story short, over the course of the next 3 weeks, we went back and forth by phone and by texting and he procrastinated, told me excuses from "the concrete company was delaying" to "we cannot pour concrete when it's raining" to my nephew just past away and I've to go out of town", etc. At the same time, he tried to get me to add in the second project and he would do them together because "it would be cheaper to do it that way". In hindsight, I can see now that he was probably buying time because he was ripping me and other people off and didn't want to close the door on soliciting and getting more money before he had to bail.

Finally, when I kept pestering, he said everything was ready and we'll start Monday morning. When that time came and went and he was no where in sight, I called him. From this point on, he never answered his phone and his voice mail was full. I don't know what he's up to now or if he's even in town (still ripping others off), but I wanted to fill out this report and let others know what a crook and a scam-artist he is. Apparently he used to be in a construction worker and can talk the talk, but then several years ago, even got arrested and locked up for 3 years for scamming a Nascar outfit. You can find his mugshot if you google his name "Michael Leffingwell". I guess jail didn't make him a better person!  Boy, how I wish I had googled his name (and not his company name) before, but hopefully, this helps everybody else out there stay away from this fraud!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2014 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Got-Concrete/Brentwood-Tennessee-37027/Got-Concrete-Got-Concrete-Got-Concrete-Nashville-Inc-Got-Concrete-LLC-Mich-1162475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Got Concrete

#1 General Comment

sorry to hear the is another

AUTHOR: His worst nightmare - ()

Rick sorry to hear. He took money from ke in March. Hopefully we will have him where he belongs for a while. He is sitting in Williamson countu jail right now. There are many investigations going on right now on him. He is also on Parole and Probation. I know tons. And have tons on him. Iplease make a police report.