- Report: #1039491
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Government Auction
Government Auction20272 Valley Blvd. Tehachapi, California United States of America
Government Auction Sold items not sold as described; Showed my bids accepted then sold items to onsite bidders. When I complained, they disconnected me from auction. Tehachapi, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Engraved signature of Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Gene Sarazen, custom framed and matted 24x36
This is framed in a garbage frame with plexi-glass not even real glass. We deal in sports collectibles; I am a certified appraiser. "Custom framed" is MISLEADING. Should be noted as "not glass and plastic-wood". Purchased one of these items. It arrived all scratched up. Poorly packaged. Photo attached shows sample of many scratches all over the place. We returned it for a replacement and complained about the lack of descriptive information posted for this item. It took over a month to replace it and the complaint went unheard as they are still auctioning additional units of this exact piece with no further detail. Also there was no Certificate of Authenticity that is USUALLY presented with such "collectibles", leading us to believe that even the plate signatures are fraudulent. [continued below]....
2) Today we attempted to participate in another of their auctions. We placed bids in the LIVE auction and were indicated as bids accepted. In example, we bid on a "collectible artwork"; the computer responded bid accepted at $100. In the next second the sale closed and was awarded to an "onsite" bidder for $100. We complained about this action; received a response that said "you have not bid on any auctions today".
3) We attempted to bid on another such "collectible artwork" and the same thing happened. We again complained and received no response to our complaint. We indicated that we wqould file a complaint with "Proxibid" the online server who the auction is operating through "Internet" wise; and to the California Auctioneer Association. We are immediately rejected and disconnected from the auction as noted: "The auctioneer has disconnected your bidding application. Please contact the auction company or a Proxibid representative for further instructions."
We immediately contacted Proxibid customer service. Their response is that they have no control over the auction. So Proxibid refuses interaction with complaints about who they represent. Tried to call the auction company, no answer, just a loop recording when trying to initiate contact with anyone there.
There is no indication or disclaimer on their website of them not being connected with the "government". Therefore we will be contacting our state attorney general's office to file a complaint, as well as making our Colorado Legislature aware of these scammers. We will also follow through with complaints to the AG in CA and the CA State Auctioneers Association.
In conclusion, GovernmentAuctions.com sells bogus merchandise; if audited, we guarantee that items sold by this company are favored sale to "onsite" customers, by either not accepting the Internet bids or ending the auction with onsite bids and ignoring online bids. Better known as "Favoritism" or "Fraudulent Business Practices".
Having over 25 years of professional auction experience, both in presentation and participation, I can affirm that this company is misrepresenting their merchandise; and conducting their service in an unethical and fraudulent manner.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Auction/Tehachapi-California-93561/Government-Auction-Sold-items-not-sold-as-described-Showed-my-bids-accepted-then-sold-it-1039491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.