Complaint Review: Government Grant Association - Gilbert Williams

• Submitted: Tue, October 05, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 05, 2004

• Reported By:syracuse New York
Government Grant Association - Gilbert Williams
4100 E. Bay Drive Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Government Grant Association - Gilbert Williams ripoff looking for my bank account number Clearwater Florida

Got a call from someone with a very thick east Indian accent who said his name was Gilbert Williams. He claimed that he was representing the "Government Grant Association."

"Gilbert" tried to convince me that his company is going about making "select" phone calls to people who could use government grant money to improve their financial situation.

I waited for the catch, and got it at the end of the conversation when he asked for my bank account number. I declined to give it, although he tried hard to convince me that they were legit.

His principal points to try to convince me of their credibility were that they weren't asking for my credit card number or my signature, and that they couldn't do anything with my bank account anyway without my permission.

NOT TRUE! If they have your bank account number and your bank's transit number, they can commit electronic fraud!

Dean
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2004 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association-Gilbert-Williams/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Government-Grant-Association-Gilbert-Williams-ripoff-looking-for-my-bank-account-number-111612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association - Gilbert Williams