Complaint Review: Government Grant Association

• Submitted: Tue, April 05, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, April 05, 2005

• Reported By:brawley California
Government Grant Association
4100 East Bay Drive Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grant Association contacted me with a great BS offer for edu.$ asked for bank account info but i did not give them correct # i didn't know about scam until i search for them on web. but i know not to give personal info to co. thanks to info here on ripoffReport Clearwater, Florida

I recieved a phone call from a man, his name was Sam Jones with an Indian accent. He claimed I was chosen to recieve up to $5000.00 in free grant money, which I did not have to pay back. All they needed was a $199.00 one-time application fee, that they would tranfer from my bank account. He then transfered me to a woman named, Sandra, who also had an indian accent. She asked for my account numbers and social security number.

i made sure to write down all information they gave me including their names and where they were from. I know not to give personal information to companies i have not contacted myself. the only correct information i gave them was the name of my bank. I hope that wasn't a mistake.

i did not give the correct numbers for anything they asked for. I wanted to research their company first. I am so glad i did.

Janice
Brawley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2005 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association/Clearwater-Florida-33476/Government-Grant-Association-contacted-me-with-a-great-BS-offer-for-edu-asked-for-bank-a-137640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association