Pink

• Submitted: Thu, October 28, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, October 28, 2004

• Reported By:Ft Polk Louisiana
Government Grant Association
4100 East Bay Drive Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grant Association ripoff, con, phone scam, attempt to commit electronic fraud Clearwater Florida

I recieved a phone call from a 1-800-474-6185 (caller name unknown on my caller ID. I tried to call the number back and it does not do anything.

The thick INDIAN accent threw me off. But he gave me his name, supposedly, RALPH HUDSON. He told me he is with GOVERNMENT GRANT ASSOCIATION.

He told me I was eligible to recieve $5,000.00 in GRANT money for a $199.00 assessing fee up front.
He told me my name and address, and then asked for my bank name. I was stupid, and told him the bank name. He told me the routing number. Which he had CORRECT!!! Scary!

Then he was persistent that he needed the account number. I was persistent with him that I needed to verify his company. He game me the web address of www.grantrloan.com. Which is NOT A VALID ADDRESS.
I told him that he needed to call me back after I had a chance to verify his company and we could take it from there. I told him to call me tomorrow. He was very persistent and asked if he could call back tonight, in an hour or so. I told him sure.

I got off the phone and began my search on the web.
Here, all I could find is this website with others telling me of the fraud! BEWARE! THIS IS SUCH A SCAM! AND I HAVE REPORTED IT TO THE FBI!

Routing numbers do not mean anything without account numbers, but with both anyone can commit ELECTRONIC FRAUD!

This gentlemen "RALPH", had an ENGLISH speaking person in the background telling him what to say, yet when I told him that I could not understand him, he just simply repeated himself and I could hear the person in the background. VERY FISHY! ALERT! BEWARE! DANGER!!!!!

Kim
Ft Polk, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2004 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association/Clearwater-Florida-33476/Government-Grant-Association-ripoff-con-phone-scam-attempt-to-commit-electronic-fraud-C-115124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association