Complaint Review: Government Grant Association

• Submitted: Fri, November 19, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 19, 2004

• Reported By:Franklin Pk Illinois
Government Grant Association
4100 E Bay Rd Suite B40 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grant Association ripoff Clearwater Florida

Today I was contacted on my cell phone by a man claiming to work for the government grant association. He had a very thick accent and proceeded to tell me that I am qualified to recieve a grant from the government for $5000.

I asked him,"how was I chosen and he simply said that the government chose me." I was a little skeptical but I continued to listen to what he had to say. He asked me to verify my name and address, which he already had, and asked me my bank name.

Then he told me that there was a one time processing fee of $199.00. I told him that I was uncomfortable paying this fee when I really didn't know anything about the company.

I asked him to hold on so I can ask my co-worker about it and he then hung up. That is when I knew this was a scam. But to my surprise the same man contacted me about 15 min later asking me why I hung up and that this was the GOVERNMENT GRANT ASSOCIATION. I polietly told him that I wasn't interested and hung up.

Franklin Pk, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2004 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Government-Grant-Association-ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-118817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association