Complaint Review: Government Grant Association

• Submitted: Thu, March 17, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2005

• Reported By:Portage Michigan
Government Grant Association
4100 East Bay Drive Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grant Association BIG ripoff Clearwater Florida

A man who sounded to be Indian called me, I can't remember his name, but said I was eligible for a gov't grant of up to $5000 that I would never have to pay back, etc., never mentioning that I would have to pay anything to get this, or whatever.

Then he asks if I have a savings or checking acc't, I said yes I do, and then he wants to get my acc't info (acc't #, routing #, bank name, etc.) so that if I get a grant it can be deposited right to my account, and then after I give it to him (big mistake I know.) he mentions the one-time membership fee of like $229 and some odd cents. I said "No, I can't pay that, I can't pay anything" and hung up, and immediately called my bank and they said they couldn't do anything until after the fact, unless someone came into a branch office.

So tomorrow I'm going to the bank and closing my account and opening a new one. So everyone BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT give out your account information to anyone unless you know they are trustworthy!!!!!

Portage, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2005 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association/Clearwater-Florida/Government-Grant-Association-BIG-ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-135444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association