Complaint Review: Government Grant Association

• Submitted: Thu, April 28, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, April 28, 2005

• Reported By:San Jose California
Government Grant Association
East Bay Drive Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grant Association ripoff grant scam Clearwater Florida

On 4/27 I got a call on my cell phone from the phone # 1-201-210 3100. It was a woman with a thick Middle Eastern Indian maybe accent. She told me her name was Tony Philips. She told me she was from the Government Grant association and she wanted to see if I qualified for a grant wich I would not have to pay back. She asked me if I had a bank account to be able to recieve the funds with. Yes I said.

She asked me if I had paid taxes at least once in the last three years. I said yes. So she told me that that She had good news that I qualified for a $5000 grant. Then she asked me if all my information was correct which she seemed to already have my name and address and email. She read it back to me.

She started asking me for my middle name and as it started to come out of my mouth I got a bad feeling and it stopped. J she repeated? I started to ask her questions at that point and asked her for her phone # and to give me time to check her company out.

She gave me 877-408-1400 but the # that came up on my phone was 1 201 210 3100. I asked her where the company was located and she said Clearwater Florida.

She went on to tell me that all she needed was an account# and I told her I'm sorry I dont belieive in giving any one my account # over the phone or internet and I hung up. Then I went on the internet and found the scam and thought it might be useful to put up this information the phone # is a different one than is listed anywhere.

Phil
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2005 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association/Clearwater-Florida/Government-Grant-Association-ripoff-grant-scam-Clearwater-Florida-140875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association