Complaint Review: Government Grant Association

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
Government Grant Association
Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Government Grant Association ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

I was called by someone who called herself Pamela James, but she sounded like she was of middle eastern descent. She indicated that I was being called because the Governemt Grant Association had a grant that was for me. They verified my name address, yet the telephone number was my corproate number and not listed under my name. They said they wanted to send me the forms for me to fill out so I could obtain the government grant. Usually I a very skeptical when I encounter something that is " too good to be true", but wanted to get some more information.

Finally she asked for my bank name and when I wouldn't give it to her she indicated that she wasn't going to ask for my pin, that they just needed to obtain the bank name, routing number and checking account number. This she said "was to verify who you say you are".

When I reminded her that she had called me and not the other way around and that she didn't need that information. She just reminded me that I couldn't get the grant without it. End of call

Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2004 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Association/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Government-Grant-Association-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-123610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Association